My cushie was soaking wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxjacxxx

My Eggo is Preggo!
Reaction score
Ok, I washed it twice then part line dried/tumbled and stuck it on him..for uhmmm 3 hours, ish.....I noticed it looked a bit dark so I felt it and it was soaking on the outside :shock:
I did onlu use the snap in booster...do you need to use the both for older babies or should I not leave it on for 3 hours.....:wacko:

They should last 2-4 hours, but obviously the insert may need topping up to get the full 4 hours.
I rarely leave Izzys nappys on for 3 hours in the day and have never had this happen in any cloth nappy - I change her every 2 hours pretty much

If you are happy to add the booster then it may last longer, or just do every 2 hours

Thanks hun, twas the first one ive tried so wanted to push it and see what it would do...serves me right...! :dohh:

hahaha I have been tempted to push the Ittis, but I am too scared!

I use both the inserts for Alex and the cushie does him fine for up to 4 hours depending on how much he pees. 3 hrs on average.
I did find even with pre washing and soaking it still get pee'd out easily the first couple of wears, it lasts for much longer now :D

so It should improve with washes? I'll perservere then:thumbup:

I recon so yea, i had two cushies and both did the same :)

I havent used the cushies( i had the giraffe one but it was faulty after a pre wash) but she is a very heavy wetter but can last 4 hours in a well washed itti xx

I used my itti SIO for the first time yesterday. It arrived on Friday so I soaked it for 12hrs, then washed and line dryed! I was muchly impressed, we ended up being out longer than expected and she was in it for 5hrs without so much as a look of a leak!! I've never left a nappy that long before and was really dreading the leak when I got home! Shame we only have 1 at the mo! Lol

I'll have to remember this thread as I ordered 2 cushies yesterday :thumbup:

:happydance::happydance:

any natural material like cotton, bamboo or hemp need a good 6-8 washed to reach their optimum absorbency.

the easiest way to do it it shortened wear for the first 3-4 uses. I hate washing clean nappies!!

I was going to ask if it was a brand new one, I left my brand new ones to soak for a day and then washed them twice and got 7 hours out of it at night :)

MF is generally good to go in 1 - 2 washes whereas bamboo / hemp do need that extra bit of encouragement to reach full absorbancy :) once they've reached it it's ace :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->