My cycles are getting shorter, is it the end of the road?

My cycle was every 28 days like clockwork for all of my life, and then early last year went to 26, then 25 days. I was worried like you are, since I was planning on TTC. I went to my OB and he said not to worry, and that it wasn't necessarily a sign of anything...and could be stress related.

I conceived my son within 3 months in the middle of last year (at 38 years of age), so I just wanted to write to say try not to worry. :hugs:

Thank you :)
I am now off alcohol all together, and following a healthy diet, since i have put a stone on since stopping breastfeeding in sep last year :wacko:
I am also seriously trying to de stress about ttc, as what I think is NOT helping is my panic that I cant give OH one more as our dd was his first and only, and he is 8 years younger than me so i find myself worrying he will leave me. Stupid I know :wacko:
So with a change of mind set (hopefully) and a healthier diet, you never know.
jo xx

Jo try not to think negatively. Firstly, the average length of time to conceive over 40 is a year. Secondly, many of us have stories of grandmothers, mines had 11 children, so nobody could call her infertile could they? Yet she didn't use any contraception and took an average of 1.5-2 yrs to get pregnant after each child. We worry so much these days, but look at these kind of stories and relax. It will happen! She had 3 children between age of 42-47!

i am 45 and trying for the past 3 years my doc gave me progresteron pills and i was back on track now i am trying clomid but guess my period is NOT coming been over 45 days

Hi girls,

I just wanted to join in, I have just googled "shorter periods" as I was in a panic thinking mine were also getting shorter. However, just looking at my older charts on here I see that they weren't always the same ranging between 25-28 days over a two year period 2008-2010.

Of course, like you I panicked, as we're considering trying for another little person. But having looked at my charts and remembering (as I had forgotten) that you don't count the days between your periods you count from Day 1 (hence my sudden panic as I thought I was down to 21 days!!!).

I am just 42. It took us years to conceive our first little girl (born Nov 2010 just before I was 41). In fact I have just posted another link saying that I had noticed from my chart that we conceived on Day 6 of my cycle despite my ovulation coming 4 days later! So I'm thinking that perhaps I ovulate much earlier than my chart seems to show. So we'll give it a go.

I know the journey will be much harder this time and I am very very grateful for the beautiful little girl I have but I am also tearful at the thought that I might never get pregnant again.

It's so hard isn't it? Two years ago, when I thought I'd never have any and we had almost reached the end of the road of trying, I thought... please just give me one baby... and I know I have to be brave and that might be my lot in this life. But you can't help but want to try a little more...

Can I also say that I am also convinced that the laparoscopy & hysteroscopy that I had 3 months prior to conceiving is also what probably helped me get pregnant. We had tried everything... and I mean everything to get pregnant over the years and even after IVF etc failed I literally begged my consultant to do the proper full Lap&Hyp. And hey presto... I think it was like a "spring clean" if you like for my reproductive tract. My consultant even agreed with me, along the years there is apparently a lot of "debris" that can hang around in there and impede the process. It might just be worth a try if all else has failed....

So even with potentially slightly shorter cycles, we can still get pregnant.

Wishing all you girls on here lots and lots of luck

mpg xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back