My Dad's been taken into hospital :-(

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
He's been suffering from tinitus (ringing in the ears) and vertigo on and off for months now, and has been on tablets. Well, he's not been able to get up for the past 2 days it's been so bad, and he was sick with it this morning. Mum got the doctor out, and he's told him to get to the hospital this afternoon!:shock:

My mum's obviously gone with him, but I'm stuck at work. There's not a lot I could do if I was there anyway, but I still feel awful for being at work.:cry:

My mum's really not good in situations like this, she gets herself worked up and worries too much so i would have liked to have been there for her as well.

And I've just made the mistake of looking up causes of vertigo on NHS direct. It says that on rare occasions, and if coupled with tinitus, it could be a brain tumour! :shock: Why did I look that up? I'm so much more worried now!!!:cry:

Would work maybe let you go early Amanda?

:hugs: for you I hope your Dad gets better soon. Its too late to say stay clear of Google but positive thinking xx

Aww sweetie I am sorry to here that
See if work will let you go early as i doubt you will be productive now anyway

Aww hun i hope he gets well soon...

Try not to panic hunni

xxx

Sorry to hear that Amanda, hope everything turns out ok ((((((hug))))))

Amanda, im really sorry to hear about your dad, try not to think the worst although i know it near enough impossible...

i do that, google things and its the worst thing you can do, horror stories galore, but its almost always not the case...

love and thoughts with you and your family for aspeedy recovery for your dad xxx

i hope your dads ok, hope your bearing up ok too hun!!! xxx

Hope your Dad is feeling better soon. Are they keeping him in? :hugs:

Hi Amanda,

Thinking of you and your Dad. Hope he is ok.

xx:hugs:

Hope your dad is ok Amanda.

Thinking of you and your family :hugs:

Hey Amandad hope your dad is okay hun.

Big hugs to you and your family :hugs:

Thanks for all your hugs and kind words :hugs:

I ended up leaving work at 3pm because I just couldn't concentrate. I also have a bad shoulder and neck, whick gets worse with stress, and an hour after the phone call, I couldn't move my head and was in agony. I went to the hospital, and felt much better as soon as i got there. I felt better being there as much for my Mum as my Dad.

The great news is that we were all home at 9pm, and it is nothing serious. Phew!:happydance:

The hospital were great. They gave him an MRI to rule out a tumour, and we got the results more or less immediately. So after getting the good news that it wasn't a tumour, they then had to find out what was causing it.

The consultant was a lovely man and he has diagnosed Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. Apparantly with age (Dad's 69), the liquid in the inner ear which deals with balance can chrystalise, and this is causing it. The doc gave him some exercises to do which will break up the chrystals and hopefully stop it happening again.

So, we are all mentally and physically shattered today, but happy!:happydance:

Sorry I didn't come on last night to let you know, but the thunder cut out the broadband!:dohh:

that's fabulous news Amanda, really really thrilled for you all, what a nasty fright you've all had xxx

am so glad that it was only a minor thing! must be a huge relief for you and your family xxx

Aww thats great stuff Amanda
glad everything is ok

Now stay away from Google!!!

So glad things turned out ok so pleased.
xx

:hugs:So glad to hear that your dad is ok. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"