My daughter has arrived- birth story sorry if its too long

bekxsta

Reaction score
millie grace was born 18/01/2011 at 15.15 weighing 8lb1.5oz.
8 days early

On the 18th jan i woke up at 8.15 feeling ready for my morning pee, the next thing at 8.20 i felt a slight pop then to what i thought was me wetting myself was actually my waters had broken which i later realised, anyway i went downstairs still feeling like i was damp so i went and put a pad on, but didnt expect it to be nothing think i was in denial to be fair.
By half 8 i was having really strong period pains and again i was in denial and thought here we go braxton and hicks back to tease me!!!! But by 8.50 i was in even more pain i then Decided to go check my pad and low and behold a pinkish liquid had been absorb thats when it hit me THIS IS IT :haha:*
I rang the other half and told him i was in pain but i didnt mention my water cause i knew he would panic:wacko: at this point my contractions were 4 and half mins apart. He told me to ring hospital, so rang hospital and got told to*
go in as soon as i could, so waited for hubby to get home, he came in to find me half dressed slumbered on the bed lol he helped me get dressed and dragged me to the car cause my contractions were now 3and half mins apart, on the way to the hospital think we got stuck behind every slow car possible but luckily its only a 15 min drive anyway, by the time i got to hospital i was going every 2 mins, i literally threw myself onto the midwifes desk and asked for help :haha:
10.30 after being in the hospital for 10 mins I had an internal and got told i*
was 3cm and cervix was fully thinned.
I put my tens on and was given gas and air but by 11 i had to take the tens off cause i believed it was making the pain worse!!!! Gas and air is ace though i loved it :winkwink: by 11.30 my pain had got worse so i asked for pethadine the midwife came in and did another internal and i was 6cm dilated, she then asked other half if i really wanted it and he said no to which i never knew at the time but later thanked him for, the midwife told me if i had the injection i wouldnt get full use out of it!!!! She decided to fill the birthing pool for me, by half 12 i was in it and omg relief or what, as soon as i got in i was totally*
relaxed and went into a state of euphoria
I spent until about 1 really chilled then got the urge to push i was told to breathe threw it and resist, its quite hard when your body takes over itself!!!!
45 mins later i was allowed to start pushing by 3 half the head was out but i had to get out the pool to be cut.
The cut really did hurt took the pain away from my contraction but i was afraid before hand of being cutt so this blatently added to the pain.
On my next push her head came even further out and i demanded something cold on my flu flu lol so they put some cooling gel on me, again such relief then pushed again and she was out.
I had to have 3 stiches which was probably worse than birth itself for me but i did get to go back on the gas for that bit :).

All in all birth was portrayed throughout my pregnancy as bad and the most painful thing im going to feel but from experiencing it i dont see it as that bad maybe i just got a good birth this time and next time ill be saying something different, if there is a next time.

All i can say to other expectant moms is stay as calm as you can, you can definatley stay more in control of what your bodyis telling you to do then.

Good luck everyone

what a fabulous birth story. Congratulations, I bet she is beautiful!
You have given me hope that not all births are traumatic. Enjoy Millie Grace X

that was a lovely birth story, congrats xxx

Lovely story.. brings back my birth memories :)

Thanks for sharing, it's a relief to hear a positive story as I'm waiting for labour to start for me!

fab birth story hun x huge congrats to you and your OH on the birth of your lil daughter!!! :flow:

such a lovely name too btw xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->