My DDs birth story(3 years too late!)just for closure!

lovedupgirl

Reaction score
Well I feel a bit silly for doing this as it has now been 2 years 7 months since my DD was born but I just want to get it all of my chest as I have not really spoke about my labour experience.

So where do I begin.............
At 20 weeks I was told that my baby was not growing properly and referred to the hospital for weekly growth scans,at 39 weeks they estimated that my baby would weigh about 2 lb at birth and said they would like to induce me, their reasoning behind this was that the sooner they delivered her the sooner they could get her to special care for help with her breathing and feeding etc.

I went into the hospital at 10am on the 1st of december 2006, they wanted to break my waters and see if they could kick start contractions, when I arrived at the hospital I was told that they did not have a bed for me so I would have to come back in two hours!:hissy:
Me, my mum and my sister walked around the hospital grounds until 12 noon and than headed back up to the maternity ward, this time they had a bed ready for me so off I went to have my waters broken.
The MW broke my waters and sent me off to walk around for a while to see if anything happened.

At 5pm there were still no signs of progress so they decided they would have to put me on a drip to start of my labour.
The MW tried to put the needle in the back of my hand but could'nt find a vein so she went off to get the doctor.
The doctor comes in and tries to get the drip in, after fiddling around for an eternity he admits he cant get it in and says he will have to put it in my arm instead.

Drip is finally set up and switched on at 5:30pm, I immediately start having really painful contractions and want to get of the bed and move through them, the MW slaps a fetal monitor on me and says I will have to have it on until baby is delivered, because of the position of the drip I will have to stay on the bed lying down during labour.
The contractions are getting really painful by now and I am writhing round the bed, as I am unable to move I can feel the pain in my thighs, legs and back as well as my tummy.

The MW looks at the monitor and tells me that my contractions are weak and ineffective so she cranks up the drip some more :hissy:
I ask for some gas and air as by now the pain is unbearable, its now 7pm and I know I am starting to go into transition.
Even though this is my 3rd baby the MWs seem to think that they know better, they tell me not to be silly that my baby will not be born for at least another 3 hours and try and talk me into having some pethidine.
At 7:25pm I need to push really bad and know I am fully dilated, without even checking me the MWs say that Im nowhere near ready.
I politely tell them " Im getting fuc***g pains so Im gonna push whether you like it or not!":rofl:
I start to push, they finally take me seriously and have a little look down there!My baby's head is visible, the MW quickly pulls on her gloves and tears opens the delivery pack,my daughter is born in two pushes, with no tears and no stitches required.

So much for 2lbs and needing special care, she weighs 5lbs 13ozs and has an apgar score of ten, the whole induction was for nothing!:hissy:

It is not over yet I have to stay on the drip for an hour after she is delivered so am still in excrutiating pain.
8:30 pm the dreaded drip is finally removed I have a shower and give my daughter her first bottle.

By 11pm my discharge papers are signed and Im on my way home.

I hope I have not scared anyone with this story, that was not my intention at all, I just wanted to get this traumatic experience off my chest.My hospital is crap.

My 4th baby is due in just over ten weeks, I am having a homebirth.

My 4th baby

Congratulations on your daugther, and current pregnancy!!

:hug:

All the best for the new baby and congrats on ur third .... I know how u feel with the drip :s

xxx

congrats on ur daughter! Wishing you a better birth experience with your 4th.
xxx

Congrats on ur daughter !! and also on ur current pregnancy.

I agree I had the dreaded drip as well. Makes it MUCH more painful (I'm assuming as Brianna is my first but from what I've heard I'm right) Congrats on your DD and current pregnancy and good luck with the home birth! :hugs:

Congrats on your daughter hon, and a huge congrats on the one on the way :D

I haven't written my birth story here yet either, well done for writing yours :hugs:

I hope your home birth is everything you want it to be xxx

Wow look how many views this has had :shock:

Thats what I love about BNB everybody here is so supportive, hope that in 9 weeks time I can post a wonderful homebirth story FX

i could have been writing the labour and birth part lol, im also having a home birth this time x

Well done for writing your story, thanks for sharing.

I hope this time round, things go a lot better xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"