My doctor asked if I would get a root canal without anesthetic too? Can I do this???

Childbirth without meds is something natural and something we are built for. There is nothing natural about a root canal. I can't believe an educated person would even compare the two.

I know birth is painful, and for some more than others, but I fully believe that women who expect to feel a lot of pain get exactly what they set themselves up for.

It definitely is two different types of pain. I did feel pain with my birth, but I didn't ever get to the point where contractions were too much for me - and I'm a wuss. My labour kicked in very fast, too, with little build-up: my contractions were lasting between 1 and 2 minutes and coming every 5 minutes within half an hour. I'm hoping for more of a build-up next time! Look into various non-drug methods of pain relief, and change doctors!

Tell her Epi's dont work 100% of the time anyway, who's to say yours wont slip or fail completely (like mines did with DD1)??

It's much better to slowly build up to it, than risk it slipping out, mid contraction, surely?? :shrug:

With my first labour I done 27 hours of it, and about 4 of those I was contracting every 40 seconds or so, for well over a minute and a half. And I did it without pain relief, albeit only because my epi failed....but still, I was induced and pumped full of pitocin, had my waters burst manually, and was in a whole HEAP of pain because of all the interventions, and all the pitocin ended up distressing the baby so I was c-sectioned. After that I was terrified as I thought that's what birth would be like, always! As you can see from my siggy, I am onto number 4 now and planning a drug-free, natural birth to avoid all the drama of before...I finally have the confidence that my body can cope with this, otherwise, why would I be pregnant?? You're making a great decision!! :hugs:

PS I was only a few days past my 16th bday with my first, and the biggest wuss ever!! I'm positive you can do this if you set your mind to it!

Having a doctor who is willing to listen to your wishes and respects that it is YOUR body is super important! I hear what you say that your OB/GYN had a traumatic experience herself, however it seems to have left her with a bit of a biased and skewed perspective. This is your birth, this is your baby, these are your choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->