My experience after 24 months of breastfeeding!

ReReKitty

Reaction score
My daughter turned 2 on Feb 21 and she is still a milk monster! I can not believe we made it two whole years. Two years of latching, accidentally squirting milk in the face, giggles, little arguments, cuddles, bites :dohh:, kisses, and snuggles! My little girl is so big now, but every night when she goes to nurse, all I see is that tiny newborn looking at me with such trust. We have battled poor latch, lip tie, mastitis, clogged ducts (OW), and even some awkward nursing in public instances! LO is old enough now to even say "Mama, are we gonna nurse or are we gonna nurse?" which is my favorite little phrase she says. :haha:

We nursed through post partum depression, the loss of my mother, OH and I breaking up, single motherhood, and now here we are! OH and I are back together and getting married in August, I am in school full time (second semester, all A's!) and work part time (coming up on my year anniversary and ready to put in a two weeks notice lol), and we even got our own little townhouse where just LO and I have lived for the past year. Soon her daddy will be with us and we will finally be together under one roof. Everything is falling together. Even when everything was a mess and I was unemployed, grieving the loss of my mom and OH leaving, living in my grandma's spare room, and feeling like my life was in complete shambles- all I ever needed to boost my confidence was for her to fall asleep nursing, fully content, and I would realize I am doing my best. I really have done my best and I am very proud. :happydance:

To all new mommas who are getting in the swing of things, battling your own issues, and wondering if you can make it- just trust your sweet little baby. They will let you know you are doing a beautiful, selfless, and wonderful thing every time they fall asleep in your arms. You can do it! The time flies so fast, and whatever choices you make- be proud of them. :thumbup:

Ah man, don't know if i'm a bit hormonal but that was lovely and bought a tear to my eye! Well done for keeping going through everything, you sound so strong :)

Congrats on being so strong and loving your LO. You are an inspiration.

Amazing! Read whilenursing my son to sleep for the 5th or so time tonight... ;)

How lovely! Congratulations on making this far with BFing...and everything else as well!

Geez this is awkward, but I had to turn off my internet the day after I posted this! I just want to say thank you to everyone who replied and I hope your nursing journeys are going very well! LO decided she was done nursing about two weeks ago. I miss it so much already, but she is so over it. I offered it to her last week when I was engorged and she shook her finger at me and said "No nurse!" Broke my heart! Haha. My breastfeeding relationship may be over, but now she wants to cuddle to sleep instead. She DEMANDS to cuddle haha. So she is basically weaning me. So sweet!

Aww this brought a tear to my eye! Sorry she has weaned herself. The thought is heartbreaking. You have done so well to keep it up for so long though. Well done! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->