My first month of OPK. Appreciate the help! {pics}

mrspat

Trying to conceive #1
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First I just have to say how helpful all of these threads are. I have been opened up to the new world of TTC. This is our second month TTC and our first using OPK. Thank you in advance for any and all help/encouragement. I hope to soon be able to be that for someone else on this forum. It is a new world but one filled with blessings of community and support. Thank you!

First I have to say that I have had pneumonia for the past two weeks so I understand that my body might be off it's game. I am also overweight so I have partly expected that it might take us longer to conceive for that reason as well.

Here are the facts.
-I have been off BC for about a year and a half now.
-My cycles are 28-30 days and have been for at least a year now.
-I am on CD14 today.
-I got a Smiley on the Clearblue OPK on CD11 in the evening.
-I got a relatively darkened line on the Wondfo strip on CD12, the next morning.
-I have had all negative since then.
-We BD'd on CD 11,12 & 13 so far.

Here are my questions.
-Is there a chance I had a false positive Smiley? When I ejected the strip it didn't look different than when I got empty circles. I know they say to not look at it but I wasn't sure if that was true or not. The next time I tested was an hour after and it was negative but I think that was because my urine was very diluted from having just gone an hour before.
-Does the Wondfo line have to be as dark as the test line to be positive? It wasn't as dark, but was definitely darker than they had been.

Pic 1: Positive Smiley, CD11 evening. No change in test strips til that point.
Pic 2: Wondfo strip, CD12 morning. First change I saw. Got two strips of that darkness on CD12, and then back to negatives.

Attachments

• photo 1(1).jpg
    photo 1(1).jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 25
  • photo 2(1).jpg
    photo 2(1).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 17
I had the positive Smiley on CD11, but then just now I got another positive Smiley on CD14 after it having been negative on CD 12 & CD13!

I thought I had a positive Wondfo test strip the next day on CD12 but now that I did a test strip today with the same sample as the positive Smiley I see that one as being a stronger positive.

I did a second Clearblue test on the same sample of urine and it was an empty circle. Has anyone else had that with the Clearblue? I did two Wondfo strips with that same sample and they both gave the same result.

Thank you in advance for any advice/encouragement you may have!

Attachments

• photo 1(2).jpg
    photo 1(2).jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 7
  • photo 2(3).jpg
    photo 2(3).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads