My Follicles Disappeared Right Before My Trigger Shot!!! Grrr

mama.luv

Reaction score
I went to the Doc on Friday (CD 15) for an u/s. I had two follies (16 and 17) on my left ovary. The Nurse Practitioner said that she wanted them to grow to an 18 before we do the trigger shot and IUI. I went in today (CD 18) for another u/s. This time, my follies were gone so the NP thinks I ovulated already. I was cramping a lot yesterday and I had some cramping today. The thing that frustrates me is that the last time we were able to BD was on Friday, and we won't be able to BD again until tomorrow because my hubby is away at work. I think tomorrow will be too late anyway considering the egg last up to 24hrs. So I'm hoping the BD on Friday was good enough. If I don't get a BFP this time around, the NP will bump up my Clomid dosage to 200mg, Yikes. I'm also on Metformin 1000mg. Has anybody ever had their follicles disappear right before the trigger shot?

Wow..that has never happened to me before. I wonder why they didnt give you a daily ultrasound to make sure that they were still there or see how big they were? I went on cd10 and my follie was 19.5, saturday it was 21, sunday it was 26 so they triggered me on sunday because of its size. I went in this morning and that follie has shrunk to a 18mm slightly misshaped which means I ovulated already. I knew I did last night cause i had the aches and pains. If you bd'ed on friday and you ovulated yesterday you have a good chance of getting pregnant. Its better to have sex before ovulation so there are sperm waiting for the egg when it drops. Good luck and I think you have a pretty fair shot! :hugs:

Thanks for your response. I have Kaiser, so they are closed on the weekend, however I was told that they are open some Saturdays to do IUI's. I think they should have given me the trigger shot on Friday and did the IUI on Saturday, just my opinion. But I'm staying positive.

I'm surprised your nurse thought that 3 days later you would not have ovulated. That's something she should have know would happen.

Plus follies can grow 1mm in 2 days...so by Monday your third day it was obviously gonna be too late.

My point exactly Breaking Dawn. I was pissed yesterday but I'm staying positive. We :sex: on Wednesday and late Friday night so hopefully that was good enough.

I know this is an old thread but maybe you guys are still there....I just came back from the doctor and my follicle disappeared!

I went in on Saturday and had a 16mm follie but lining was only 4.7mm so I decided to not do the trigger shots and monitor it with OPKs, so I can give my body the most time possible to grow the lining.. I tested it on Sunday and Monday and no ovulation.. I even have the OPK that will point out "high fertility" and "peak fertility" to give me a heads up... but I went in today and the follie was gone! Even the doctor was puzzled... how can this happen?

At that size, they would have only needed another day or 2 tops.

But where did it go? I had no LH surge and the follicle disappeared... yesterday was only CD11 too out of a 32 day cycle... normally I ovulate around CD17, so it was way early... Im so confused and concerned...

Ive been having cramps too since yesterday... this never happened before...

Mine disappeared because I ovulated and didn't know. I felt a little cramping, that's it. I released two eggs and they were both fertilized, now I have twins :) Good luck to you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->