My furry babies wont suffocate my new baby!!!!!!!

Cats will suffocate a baby to steal its milk?

Do people even think before they but all faith in those old wives tales? I mean really now. What did cats turn into demon aliens or something when I wasn't paying attention?

I have heard that some cats will cuddle around a baby's head/chest because of the warmth - I'm not a cat person so I don't know that for fact but if it is whoopdee doo you just keep the cat away from the baby when it's sleeping/you're not watching closely. I will never understand why people expect you to just give away your animals when you have a baby. I could NEVER get rid of my dogs.

My sister has got two very attached cats, my niece who is now four ever since she found out how to wind them up she has sat on them, pulled their tails, tried strangling them. EVERYTHING. Never once have they gone for her, even when she was a baby. She never got any trouble from the cats, and these cats are real terrors.

People talk rubbish.

I'd never get rid of my cat either, she's my first baby and she'd never do anything to hurt the LO

Please, don't buy into bullshit like that. If anything, my cat is very protective of my baby and she sleeps in front of the bassinet. She has never even tried to jump up, and this is a cat that will jump onto ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

i have three cats and whilst two never come in the house so there not a problem the third bambi has a anoying habit of sleeping on sleeping peoples heads which is why our bedroom door is always kept shut. bambi loves people and literaly follows u round the house the other day she followed me up and down the stair like three time is a row and i was completly ignoring her.

i will never leave the baby alone with her as i know she will sit on it.
but all cats are different i just advise keeping an eye on animals and babys as they may unintentional hurt it.

tell them where to go and that they are speaking sh**. when my pet cat scampi was alive (he passed away a month ago) i lost count the amount of people who asked me if i was going to put him down or give him away! I had him for 9 years and he was part of the family.....no way i told them! Scampi stays. there will be no problems with beanie.

when he passed away one of the ladies told me 'it was for the best' and looked so smug that he had died. What had scampi ever done to her????? She was soooo smug looking i popped into the conversation - 'me and hubby are getting another fur baby in september' - her face was a picture (full of disgust - doesn't see the point in pets or animals - just sees them as food).

cats won't harm your baby - your baby is more at risk from human predators than cats - trust me on that one!

Christine
XXX

My cat, Tom came to live with me last November, and had been found as a stray in a very poor state, after being mistreated and abandoned. He is a very loving cat but is very clingy to me, and follows me evrywhere. He will ignore anybody else who speaks to him, and sits in front of me for hours, just staring at me. He truly is my baby, but I think it's understandable that he feels close to me, when he has had such a terrible past.
I have lost track of the number of people who have told me that Tom will harm my baby, as he will be jealous, and that I should get rid of him now.
It makes me so angry, and I am fed up with explaining that Tom is part of my family, and I would never dream of abandoning him as his previous owners already did. When the baby arrives I will make sure that I continue to treat Tom with exactly the same love and attention that I always have done. And obviously I am not going to leave him alone with the baby, but mainly this is because I would not leave the baby alone anyway for any length of time.
It is true that at the moment Tom currently sleeps in my room, and this will have to change, however I will be moving before the baby arrives so hopefully I can find my Tom a lovely cosy place just for him in the new house. So that he won't feel pushed out, but instead will adjust to it at the same time as he would anyway, moving to a new environment.
Sorry for the waffle but I feel really strongly about this at the mo, and am sick and tired of people expecting me just to get rid of my lovely Tom, on the grounds of some old wives tales and/or urban myths.

My cat, Tom came to live with me last November, and had been found as a stray in a very poor state, after being mistreated and abandoned. He is a very loving cat but is very clingy to me, and follows me evrywhere. He will ignore anybody else who speaks to him, and sits in front of me for hours, just staring at me. He truly is my baby, but I think it's understandable that he feels close to me, when he has had such a terrible past.
I have lost track of the number of people who have told me that Tom will harm my baby, as he will be jealous, and that I should get rid of him now.
It makes me so angry, and I am fed up with explaining that Tom is part of my family, and I would never dream of abandoning him as his previous owners already did. When the baby arrives I will make sure that I continue to treat Tom with exactly the same love and attention that I always have done. And obviously I am not going to leave him alone with the baby, but mainly this is because I would not leave the baby alone anyway for any length of time.
It is true that at the moment Tom currently sleeps in my room, and this will have to change, however I will be moving before the baby arrives so hopefully I can find my Tom a lovely cosy place just for him in the new house. So that he won't feel pushed out, but instead will adjust to it at the same time as he would anyway, moving to a new environment.
Sorry for the waffle but I feel really strongly about this at the mo, and am sick and tired of people expecting me just to get rid of my lovely Tom, on the grounds of some old wives tales and/or urban myths.

good on you and well done for taking in Tom. i am hoping to get rescue fur baby in october/november time.

XXX

I've produced a stock response to people that try to imply that my animals are dangerous.

I just look at them increadulously :huh: and say, "Don't be so stupid! Didn't you know that that's just an urban myth?!" and then laugh! :laugh2:

:angelnot:

Awww, he sounds lovely. And so lucky to have found a home and a family with you.

One of our cats was also found abandoned and sick, and now is pretty much glued to me most of the time. He really needs his cuddles and just to sit in my lap to feel safe. I could never imagine doing anything to make him feel like he was feeling when we first got him -- all alone, scared and insecure.

There's never too little love to go around to share, we have more than enough for all our children, furry and human ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->