My home birth, no pain relief.

Farie

Reaction score
So yesterday (Sunday 5th December) I woke up about 4 am with a huge bloody show and crampy tightenings across the bottom of my bump, 'ahh i thought to myself, false labour, naughty body teasing me' so I took some arnica, aconite and panadol and went back to sleep for a few hours!

I woke at 10 am and we got up etc and walked to town and got coffee and cake, still getting the tightening, approx every 7 mins, I was still convinced it was nothing so we headed to a Christmas fete a few miles away, spent a couple of hours there and got home about 4pm.

By this time I was pretty sure I as in labour as the contractions were getting stronger, about 5 mins apart and lasting 45 secs approx so I called mt m/w about 4.30. She said it sounded like early labour and reckoned I had about 12h to go :haha: So I took 2 panadol and more aconite and arnica.

We mooched at home for another hour and put up the Christmas tree and as the contractions got slonger and stronger DH called the m/w again and suggested I really could do with checking as the contractions were lasting over a min and bloody painful.
She arrived 30 mind later, check me over and announced I was 8.5 cm dilated and perhaps getting into the pool was a good idea! So I got in about 7 ish.

I stayed in the pool for a couple of hours, through transition (god thats such a intense experience. Contractions that last over 2 mins with under 30 sec between them!)

At about 9pm m/w suggested a pee break and check over, I was fully dilated (probably had been for a little while) and could start pushing whenever.
I tried a few pushes on the sofa (useless, no sensation, no urge and it just bloody hurt!) them moved to sitting on the loo ... still no urge but slowly my body kicked in and after about 30 mins I started getting the right idea.
Crowning ... that bloody hurt! Nuff said

After about 1h 30 mins of pushing (good and bad :lol:) Naomi Rose popped out in a super man pose (thanks hon, mummy wouldn't have torn of you'd kept you hand/arm down)
I had to stand (well lean on DH) as I was still on the loo and there wasn't a lot of room.
1 push later and out popped her shoulders and body and legs

We had skin to skin, I delivered the placenta naturally and DH cut the cord after.
Then we retired to the sitting room, had skin to skin and cuddles, I got checked, we tried BFing but madam preferred screaming
She is 7 lbs 8oz and 53 cm long

After about an hour of cuddles/phone call to my mum etc Nim was dressed by grandma and I got stitched (7 of them, all 1st degree none serious) local jabs were ouchy tho!

By 12.30 we were in bed, I managed to faint getting off the loo on the way which was amusing, I said quietly from the hall floor 'I feel a little dizzy' m/w and MIL turned round to see a semi naked me lying flat out staring at the ceiling! I crawled to bed (on my hands and knees - elegant :haha:) and we have a go at latching and m/w left us to it!

I am in awe of my amazing husband, he was brilliant and I truly could not have done it without him, he was my rock, never left my side, poured water don my back through ever contraction helped me breath through the pushing and let me cling to him throughout.
He did get a little queasy and lay down while watching me be sown up and MIL had to hold the torch!! But who can blame him!
He's also great with Nim already.

We are so in love, sorry its such a long birth story, Ive tried not to miss anything out but its kinda a blurr. The panadol was the only pain relief I had throughout, and I can honestly say I wold never ever birth anywhere but at home, its the most wonderful experience.

What an awesome experience. Hope you are enjoying your baby and your new family.

COngrats hun!! No pain relief... I am in awe LOL :)
Enjoy your new little baby xxx

Congratulations!

Love reading home births. I'm hoping for one, hope it will go as well as yours did :)

Wow congratulations!

I'm in awe of anyone who can actually walk further than the toilet in the last feW
Weeks of pregnancy let alone go all day walking round and keeping busy all day in labour! Xx

Wow oh Wow - congratulations Farie and welcome to Naomi Rose (lovely name). So impressed by your labour.

Mizze xx

Sounds perfect! Congratulations to you & your family. xxxxxxx

I loved reading your story. I love how real it all sounded but also how doable it was at the same time. The 2min contraction bit was my favourite for some reason. No one explains how intense those transition contractions can be. But again still totally doable! :hugs:

Brilliant birth story!!!! Thank you so much for sharing and congrats on the home birth of your daughter x

wow what a beautiful home birth story! I was just thinking about you yesterday morning actually seeing you were overdue and wondered if you had perhaps had your baby over the weekend!
Congrats on little Naomi Rose, hope you are healing well and Naomi is settling nicely. :flower:

congrats hun! Those pesky babies eh with their pointy sticky out arms and hands; my youngest had both hands on his face; and decided to try sucking his thumb as he was coming out, I tore only slightly but had lots of nasty gashes from his nails that needed a stitch or too. Until recently he still slept with both hands up towards his face.

Congratulations hun, what a lovely birth story :) xx

Wow, congratualations and well done to you!:flower: And welcome to little Naomi!:baby::flower:

xx

Congratulations Farie!

Wonderful story! I remember reading your BFP success story over on the LTTTC boards and it giving me hope. Hope you and little Naomi Rose are both doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->