My ickle koala bear 22/01/10

amandad192

mum to 2
Reaction score
Liam Tony William Kelly <3 (AKA Koala Bear)

I was due to be induced on 22nd jan 2010 so made sure I was getting an early night on the 21st. Me and OH went to bed at about 10:30pm and that's when it started.
I had my first contraction within a few minutes of going to bed. Tony was asleep already and I wasn't sure if it was real or BH so I waited before waking him up. over the next two hours contractions got stronger and closer and I couldn't relax so I woke up OH and my dad just after midnight. We phoned the delivery suite and they told us to come in..so off we went.
Once at the hospital I was examined and told I was 4cm! Wasn't long before I started on the gas and air.
The next time I was examined I was 7cm and had my waters broke which felt disgusting as it gushed out.
With the gasandair the contractions were bearable, what wasn't was the constant aching in my back! Liam was lying back to back and I was in AGONY! so I ended out having an epidural even though I really didn't want to. At about 15:00 I was told I was 10 cm and should start pushing. At every contraction I pushed and pushed but after an hour, Liam still hadn't budged. I was prepared for theatre and taking down for ventouse, which if failed would have led to me having a c-section. Before the ventouse were used I had to have a drip put into my arm..My veins aren't very good and it took about 8/9 attempts to get a drip into my vein without the vein collapsing. (left me quite bruised after)
The epidural was amazing..I hardly felt a thing..I had to be cut which felt like an injection. Then as Liam slid out I felt him coming down..but not in a painful way. His shoulders got stuck but he was soon out..but not breathing..so he was taken away while they helped him start breathing and cleaned him and me up. Then I started bleeding, the woman about to stitch me up called out for help but no one done anything. Eventually I was all stitched up and ready to go back to the delivery room. I was kept in the delivery room until the morning of the 23rd with a catheter and a yet another drip as I had to have a blood transfusion.
The reason I bled so much (3 times more than I should have done) was down to midwife. She never checked the results of my 28 week blood tests and I should have been on iron tablets as my levels were low)

I was released from hospital on the 24th and things have been amazing since. I am so happy and very lucky to have such a well behaved little baby boy who was born at 16:04 (4:04 number 4 is both my mum and dads lucky number..coincidence..) weighing 8lb 4oz.

My labour may have been a bit traumatic..but we're already talking about how old Liam should be when we give him a little brother or sister (don't panic the plan is about 5/6 years)

I love my little Koala Bear <3

awww congratulations

No one tells you about ur waters breaking, how disgusting it actually is!! I always thought when ur waters broke that they went in one go... I didn't know they kept leaking until the baby was born lol x

oh forgot to add... back to back labour is awful!!!

But all worth it in the end :)

And its good you've already talked about a brother or sister for him!! I actually said to DH the day after Lucas was born about trying for another, he thought I was joking ! Although we have agreed to wait a few years lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->