My Induction Story :-) long with pictures

jaytee146

Blessed mommy to a beautiful girl and growing lo
Reaction score
Hey Ladies!!!

I just wanted to share my induction story while my lo was down for a nap, and I'm not such an emotional wreck! :haha:

My last appointment was Wed 9/21/2011 I was to be induced Thursday. I was very excited to see if I had dilated or not as I was 38 weeks and nothing happened! My doctor checked me and said I was a cm and my cervix was very soft. He said: "Okay, Miss Taylor... When do you plan on having the baby?" Me: " TOMMORROW YAHHHH" Doc. " Tommorrow" Me: "yeah, you said we were inducing tommorrow, don't play doc." Doc: " Gathering your bag and meet me at the hospital today." Me: "Silence.... Serious?" Doc: "See ya there!"

If you followed my threads you would know I had to work up until delivery. In fact I was taking an early lunch break to go to this particular appointment. I hurried back to work.. finished my work and left for the house where my mom was very excited and ready to go. we arrived at the hospital at 5:30 that day and I was admitted. The doctor came by after we got settled and inserted a balloon to open my cervix and once you dilate to 4cm's the balloon falls out! He also inserted a medicine called cervideal (sorry for the spelling) but it's to ripen and soften your cervix.. it's on a string like a tampon.. and I'm not going to lie it felt very uncomfortable ( hurt like hell). He told me they were going to leave me there and check me in the morning. Not even ten minutes after he inserted the balloon and medicine did my contractions being.. the felt like mild stomach cramps. I managed to toss and turn as I decided that it wasn't bad enough for drugs and I endured. The morning came and the nurse checked me and discovered I was 4cm's having contractions and everything! I still was heck bent on natural delivery... until they came in with this medication call Pitosin (OMG) this medicine speeds up your labor and contractions... so I went from contracting every 10 minutes to every 3 minutes lasting for 2 in a half minutes... about 3 hours of that and I screamed for drugs! especially when i discovered I had only dilated to 6cm. The epidural was delivered an hour later and not a moment to soon! I was able to rest.... they ended up stopping the potisin because my lo's heart beat dropped and wouldn't raise again, my blood pressure started to rise, and I started running a fever.

They stopped for an hour or so... my lo had a chance to rest. and they started the medicine back... I was checked and dilated to 8cm and my epidural wore off. I remember thinking someone kill me now! It took the doctor another 30 minutes to come back and give me another dose. I was checked again and was 9cm... well, my mother and I had a discussion about my birth and she informed me she pushed when the nurse told her not to.. :haha: so at 9cm I felt her head come down and I started pushing (unsmart don't push becuase i coulda hurt myself) remember my mom was sitting beside me on the phone and I looked over at her and said it was time.. like some ladies before me YOU KNOW WHEN IT'S TIME! There was a pressure down there that I can't describe by the time the nurse checked me she said she could feel the head... I YELLED I KNOW! they put my legs up and before the doctor could put his gown on good and they told me not to push... I PUSHED and out comes this beautiful little girl! Perfect to me in everyway... Didn't tear, no stitches, no complications, other than too many guest... but that's another story... ( KICK THEM OUT IF YOU DON'T WANT THEM THERE)

Induction/ Arrival time 9/21/11 5:30p.m
Birth Of Kayli Alise 9/22/11 5:20p.m

My lo's up! :) Just wanted to share my story... It's not negative and the birthing team was really awesome and I couldn't have asked for anything better.. my jackass ex didn't even show up! thank God.. so GOOOOOOO SINGLE MOMMIES!!! YOU CAN DO IT GOOOOOOOOOO GUYS!! Good luck! I hope to see you guys in babyclub/ breastfeeding and formula feeding and thank you for all your advice and help! Okay baby crying :rofl: gotta go!

One picture was taken a few minutes after her birth and the other was the next day ( her little eye is swollen but everything else is okay) oh and for the women who want to Breastfeed.. I did breastfeed shortly (15 minutes after birth and as soon as they deliever your placenta your milk well colustrum does come in so don't worry) :hugs:

Attachments

• kat.jpeg
    kat.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 67
  • kat 2.jpg
    kat 2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 56
Awww she is beautiful congratulations! Xx

Congrats to you, sounds like you did a fab job. Gorgeous little girl!

Awwwww what a nice story wow congrats ...

Congratulations she's beautiful x

She's beautiful! So glad your ex didn't show! Congratulations

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your beautiful birth story. Your baby girl is simply stunning!

Ah lovely. Congratulations.
She is beautiful and the first photo is the cutest ever! X

Congratulations. She's gorgeous. I'm down for a planned induction in 8 weeks and reading your story made me smile. A positive induction :). have fun with your new addition :D.

she weighed six pounds six ounces. twenty inches. :happydance: o and the doctor's were wrong they said she was about eight or nine pounds! not true!. I wanted to share my store because i was very nervous about induction's ending in c sections and someone was nice enough to share their positive experience with me i figured i'd do the same :hugs:

Congrats!! thanks for sharing your birth story!! I am now reminded of what I may go through when I am induced on Sunday. Ekk!! Hope LO and you are resting well. Baby girl is so beautiful :flower:

Awww, beautiful! Congrats!
Thanks for the shout out to the single mommies. (not one but happy you shared that for the ladies-they need it!)

Your baby is so cute!

your photo's are fabulous. Congratulations! : D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"