My job. When is it too much?

Snowball

Resident badass
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that my job is too much for me being pregnant. I work at a stables which involves heavy lifting and a lot of physical work. Often I get home and my arms are shaking where I have done so much lifting that day. Do you think it's too much?

I'm so worried about something going wrong with this pregnancy that I don't want to risk anything.

If it's ok for now when should I think about giving up? I can't really cut down on the amount of physical work by talking to my boss as that is the whole nature of my job description so if I was to cut down, I might aswell leave.

What damage does lifting heavy objects do to a baby? I'm in such a flap about it tonight:blush:

It's not a big deal if I give up. I have no contract and I'm only really there as cover. I just don't want to damage my baby.

I don't think it's something good. Tell ur doctor about it, maybe u need to take a break off work. Your baby's safety is now the most imp thing.

Good luck

Heavy lifting is not good in pregnancy, neither is straining yourself in any way or worrying yourself over your job and causing stress. It's probably best for you to speak to your employer to see if he/she can make some arrangements for you, if not.. probably time to leave for the sake of baby.

I did some furniture moving etc as I had no one around to help me and I went christmas shopping in a rush at once.. had tummy ache and bleeding (I was fairly late into pregnancy, but still..) take care of you and your little one!

Hope all turns out ok for you. :)

yeah I work at a vet clinic as a vet assistant but it's kinda stupid. They won't let me pick up any dogs over 25-30 pounds, yet I still have to handle small "Will Bite" dogs (one even bit me today but didn't break the skin), and I still have to clean up waste after cats yet I'm not aloud to clean my own cat box at home. :wacko: I'm quiting when I really start showing I think in about 2 or 3 months.

I think it maybe a good idea to find another job cause you aren't supposed to be lifting a lot of heavy things.

I think you should seriously consider quitting, you shouldn't be doing any heavy lifting during your pregnancy.

hey... i worked as a groom before i got pregnant. i finished at 6wks cos i didnt want to lose this baby also i couldnt manage anything as i got really bad morning sickness and i couldnt carry on riding and competing. i was lucky i didnt m/c cos the day before i found out i was pregnant i had a nasty fall and the horse fell on top of me.
i also have 2 horses and i have now put them on loan. if it was me i would leave and maybe get a temp job to put you on for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->