My little girl hardly moves? Normal at this stage?

Lizzyxxx

No.3 On the way!
Reaction score
:cry:I am just over 21 weeks and started feeling my first movements at around 16 weeks. With my son, he was wriggling, kicking and moving all the time but this time my little girl hardly moves at all. I might get 1 or 2 movements out of her a day, some days more, some days I don't feel a thing. Also it is softer movements, subtle, I really have to concentrate to feel them but with my boy at this stage they were much more intense. Is this normal? My placenta is same as with my boy, out of the way so what's different?

Hiya, I'm 25 weeks and find that some days I hardly feel junior at all. I spoke to my midwife about this on Wednesday and she said that at my stage, some people have only just started feeling movement and they are not really concerned until around 27/28 weeks where you should feel baby a lot more. I think there are a lot of hiding places in there until then. Hope this helps x

Every baby is different, I wouldn't worry at this point. This LO is a lot quieter than DD was and I can go all day without really noticing him. Dont forget she is still very little and could be kicking you in the way which isn't as strong :flower:

It's normal hun every baby is different and your placenta may be in a different place than it was with your son. I felt NO movements at all until 22+4 now I feel her daily...usually night times but I don't let it worry me...I also try not to ask when people felt theirs cause I've realised we are all SO different in pregnancy and even our next ones will be different to this one so try not to think on it

:flower:

Glad to hear similar stories about your LO thanks

Same here! DS was trying to break out from the very beginning! This little guy rarely moves and when he does it is super soft, more of a roll then a kick... I am hoping this just means he will be a calm little baby- very unlike his big brother :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->