My little girl has a hear murmur..

ladyty2k

Mummy of one
Reaction score
Hi all

I havnt been on here in a while but just thought i would ask if any of your LO's have been diagnised with a slight heart murmmur at their check ups. This is my first baby and im obviously very worried now!!!

I have read that some babies are just born with them and they are innocent but does anyone have some reassuring stories??? Evelyn is 9 weeks old now

x
TARA

no personal experience hun, but I do know it is ciommon, worryingly none the less id imagine and usually corrects itself without any help. Perhaps ask in toddler section im sure some parents have been thru something similar and have successes to share. Good luck and hope Evelyn is well x

Ruby had a soft systolic murmur picked up at her 8 week check up. Was told it needed no further investigation.

Hi, my brother was diagnosed when he was little, he was 5wks premature. Don't know the ins and outs but he's now 21 and fine. He also passed his medical ok for the army so i'm sure everything will be ok for her.
'Hugs' x x x

Holly had a heart murmur diagnosed at her 8 week check up, the doc referred us to the hospital consultant and I was told she would have to have all sorts of tests, I was worried to death. We had a long wait till the appointments and everyone told me not to worry, and that they were usually nothing to worry about, but nothing consoled me. We finally got to the appointment and the doc listened for the murmur and it had gone :happydance::happydance::happydance: I cant tell you my relief. The doc said that she possibly had been born with a tiny hole in her heart that had healed.
I know there is nothing I can say that will stop you from worrying but try to remember they are often innocent and without consequence.

I was diagnosed with a heart murmur when i was born and it has never ever effected me once. Never had treatment of any kind for it. When i have had regular checks at the doctors for other things they still detect it but are in no way concerned xxx

thanks all, im hoping it will be nothing, im waiting for the scan appointment to come through

She has been really poorly love her, has bronchilitus but is fighting it really well...didnt think she would catch something so early!

Shes on the mend though, such a sweetie!!! love her sooo much

thanks again for all your comments, helps to know what others think
x

Alex was diagnosed with a heart murmer as he had a really nasty cold.

He was seen in the echo clinic and his heart murmer had disappeared - it is very common for babies to get murmers particularly when unwell.
His heart scan showed a slight hole between the 2 atria in his heart - they think this will heal itself.

We have to go back in 2 years!!!

Hope that helps

I have a heart murmer so does DH neither of us have problems I didnt have it a birth but was told I probably got it during pregnancy but that it wasnt anything to worry about :)

:thumbup: I'm also on Team Heart Murmur - never had any probs from mine either chick

Hiya,

My baby is 2 weeks old and has a heart murmur - the docs picked up on it when we were readmitted to the hospital for her fast breathing (which has now settled down).

After an ECG we were told by a cardiologist that she has a VSD - a small/medium sized hole that causes extra blood to go to her lungs. We're going back for a check up in a couple of weeks but in the meantime she appears to be in good health - she's feeding and gaining weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->