My little girl is consitpated for the first time ever.

Bernie

Reaction score
My baby girl is breastfed and never has been regular when its comes to pooing.But that it fine coz she is breastfed.She has been eating Hipp Organic jars twice a day since last monday and she has been a few times which were fine.She has not been for a poo since Friday and i know she is struggling to go coz her poos that she has managed to passed today have not been hard pellet like but only little soft stools and she really has been struggling to poo.She has only been introduced to solids the last couple of weeks and im wondering if its all to much for her at the moment?I have been encouraging her to drink water from her sippy cup and making sue she goes to the breast regularly but nothing.Ive even squeezed half of fresh orange in her cup and added water to it in hope it will get things moving again and still nothing.I have been trying to get her to take to the bottle but she refuses and hasnt hardly taken any formula so im guessing it the jar food ive been given her maybe its to much at the moment?She is now 5 and a half months and has been eating solids fine maybe ive introduced 2 meals thats she has to quickly coz she was only eating lunch to start off with.Just wondered if anyone knows what i can do? I know i dont drink as much water as i should maybe thats the problem?If anyone has any ideas that would be great!

Does she seem to be in pain while trying to go or like her tummy is upset? It's actually good that it was soft, if it was hard like that would be a sign of constipation. Some babies will stop going as often, especially if breastfed that's why I ask. What foods has she been having? Maybe it's something that can cause constipation and you can cut that one out so it can be avoided in the future. I think your doing everything right as far as to get her to go..the orange juice really should do it if she needs to go. But don't overdo it or it can give her bad diarrhea

She seems to have some pain from what i can make out when she tries to go.But when she has passed a bit its sticks to her bum and there are only little bit which are soft and also smells like she is constipated aswell cant really describe it.Those jars i have been given her have been all sorts of things like mixed veg ones and she has been having fruit ones for breakfast with her sipy cup with water then having breast milk for afters.I read in my book that for a baby to be constipated it doesnt always have to be hard stools.Im going to see how she goes tommorrow im probably going to cut out her breakfast tommorrw and put her back on 1 meal again so she only has tea time meal and not the jar food.Hopefully she will go tommorrow if not then i shall take her up the doctors and she what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->