my little man arrived 12 days overdue on my birthday!!

emmamc28

mum to charlotte and ben
Reaction score
well i was booked in for an induction on the 2nd march and had to go in at 7pm. i got the kids sorted and packed off to my mums and off to the hospital we went. got to the hospital and was shown to the ward were i would be induced and did the usual form filling and then i was strapped to the moniter for what turned out to be an hour and a half in the end(not sure why but they kept saying 'oh just another 20 minutes' i think they wanted to finish their brews). anyway, after i had been monitered i was told that the induction proces could get started and about 20 minutes later a very stern lady doctor came in, examined me and inserted the pessary. she said not to expect anything to happen that night as babies head was still high and my cervix was only a fingertip open. that upset me and i got really downhearted thinking nothing would happen and i'd be in labour for days lol. well after about 30 minutes i was put on the moniter again and it was showing that i was getting mild contractions about every 10 minutes, great i thought!!. it got to about 10pm and OH had to go home so was left on the ward all on my own to wait and see if anyhing happened. at about 10.45 i started geting contractions roughly every 4 minutes and they were quite painful but manageable. after a couple of hours of this i buzzed the midwife to tell them and they decided to check if i was making any progress, this was about 2am. the midwife checked me and NOTHING!! i wasn't dilated at all and she put the pains down to the prostin. SOOOO disapointed. so she offered me some paracetamol and codine and i tried to get some sleep. i kept getting the pains through the night and i was greeted at 7am with more monitering. as soon as i sat up to be strapped to the moniters the pains started to get stronger!! i was contracting roughly every 2 minutes and it was starting to hurt. monitering done i was told to move about and bounce on the birthing ball but as soon as i stood up OMG the pains got intense. they were coming every minute and were pretty much relentless. i buzzed the midwife who offered me more paracetamol CHEERS!!! took that and didn't make a shite of difference, still contracting every minute i buzzed them again. 'why not try a bath' they said. so i thought ok i'll try it mite help. OH NOO just intensified the contractions which were still coming every minute. got out of the bath and i could hardly move to get to my towel lol so what a sight i must have looked. anyway they finally decided that they should check me (dont think they beleived i was progressing and was exagerating) and low and behold i was 5cm. better get you to labour ward they said. got to labour ward and was offered gas and air which i took and sooo glad i did. it didn't take away the pain but it definately helped. still contracting every minute and after about 20 minutes of being on labour ward i got the urge to push. the midwife was brill she said just go with our body. i got on the bed and after 6 minutes of pushing my gorgeous son conner james was born weighing 7lb 2oz at 11.31am on 3/3/2011, on my 29th birthday. in the end my whole labour was documented as 1 hour and 28 minutes. i am so glad it as quick cuz i dont think i could have handled much longer with that pain. was by far my most painful and intense birth out of my 3. well if you are still reading, well done! sorry it was so long lol but had to get in all the deatails. wishing everyone a happy healthy baby and birth.

heres a few pics....

conner 3.3.11 002.jpg

conner 3.3.11 005.jpg

conner 3.3.11 009.jpg

Ahh what lovely pictures.
I never get why midwives offer labouring women paracetemol! We take that for bloomin headaches! lol.
Congratuations on your little man, hes gorgeous. I hope my 3rd is as quick as yours.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->