My little man, Caine Wilson - 26/03/2009, 7 pound 2 oz

jms895

Reaction score
Name: Caine Paul Walter Wilson
Weight: 7 pound 2 oz
Born: 26/03/2009 (EDD 25/03/2009)
Time: 5.50pm (same time as I was born!)
Labour: 12 Hours (inc 4 hrs 50mins of established labour)

So here is my story......

Well I was due on 25th March and after weeks of braxton hicks, tightenings and god knows what it all stopped and I assumed i would have to be induced as there was no signs of my little man appearing soon. I was booked in for a sweep on the afternoon of the 26th March so was hoping that would help me along.

Anyway, I woke up at 5am on the 26th with bad cramping which i thought 'whats new' so went to the loo, whilst there I felt trickling afterwards and stood up. Water was trickling down my leg onto the floor so i thought 'uh oh' is this it? Or am i just peeing myself :shrug: I walked about a bit and then realised it was definately my waters! :dance:

I then rang my best friend who is a midwife and was gonna deliver the baby and she told me to keep calm etc and time the cramps, which were about 20 mins apart at first. She told me to wait at home till they picked up and have a bath with the clary sage, frankincense and Lavendar to help calm me and speed things up. Anyway, whilst on the phone to her (I was on the loo :blush:) I lost my plug...... It was gross and I could not believe how much of it there was coming away! Like snot :rofl: it was the stereotypical all at once symptoms of labour - waters, cramps and the plug :sick: This was definately it - I was finally gonna meet my little man, and considering he is male, was not gonna be that late :lol: :shock:

Anyway, I think nesting kicked in, I cleaned the bathroom, came on BnB (of course) and told everyone, and did the pots and repacked my bags :rofl: I told OH my waters had gone (he was in bed) and he said oh wake me up in a bit then, give me another half hour :guns: assehole I thought but then again what could he do?

Pains were not bad at this point so I pottered about and did the washing then they stepped up to ten mins apart pretty quick. Other half then decided he ought to get up and give me a bit of support :dohh:....... but stressed me out as he was going on one as his jeans were in the wash and were wet - bloody men!!!!! He was then stressing me more telling me to go to the hospital but I wanted to wait.

I ran a bath and sat in that for an hour and the pains were coming sooner and longer, I went to lay on the bed and then by 12 they were coming at every 4mins.
The relaxation and hypnobirthing I had practised really helped me here as I dont think I would have coped otherwise.....

OH was then absolutely shitting it that baby was gonna come out at home so was begging me to go to the hospital. I rang my friend and asked her, she said to wait as she did not think it was established labour yet and didnt want things to stop if I got there. I waited another hour, then rang again, I was getting a bit worried then, so we headed off!

Got to hospital and pains were every 3 mins.... my mate did not want to examine me yet in case i was only 1 or 2cm and things did not pick up because as my waters had gone, I would then need drugs to induce me after a certain point if no progress.... I was like WTF its killing me now surely to god I am not only 2cm?? :(
Anyway she left me till 2 and then examined me - after I had some paracetamol - I was 6cm!!!!! :wohoo: I was like THANK F**** for that!!! :baby:

Contractions went to 2 mins apart then and I was begging for some pain releif so she gave me a shot of pethidine..... which did not stop the pain just made me talk bollocks and hallucinate. I asked OH to shoot me to put me out my misery and the MW who was helping if she had kids and thought she had said she had them adopted, she actually said she adopted her puppy... :dohh: I asked OH what the noises were in the room and he said its you sweetheart, the bed was shaking from me rocking :dohh: I found this the only way to get through each contraction - rocking like the bloody exorcist!! :devil: I had some gas and air and found this great for breathing

Anyway within 3 hours I was ready to push...... which I thought was not to bad, I used the stool, squat position but actually gave birth on the bed with OH and my mate pushing my legs back as far as poss i wanted it like this :) I had stiff arms from nearly ripping the top of the bed off.... :lol:

My little man came into the world after an hour of pushing (he kept slipping back up which was really frustrating me!!) and I panted whilst his head came out. I had a second degree tear but no stitches, but honestly did not feel it happen.... OH cut the cord and it was so great...

He was put straight onto my chest for a feed and was so alert and awake.... and so bloody gorgeous!! I love him and OH so much. My mate was fab and I feel so grateful I had her there, it has also made me love OH so much I could not have done it without him, it has made us even closer, He supported me right through telling me he loved me, how well I was doing and how proud he was. He was crying when I was in pain as he did not know what to do and when baby came out he looked so happy.

I am a bit sore now but have a major rash that I developed as an allergic reaction to his male hormones in my blood stream! All I need.... I got to go and see a dermatologist as I look like a leper.... but it was all worth it!! :cry:

I told OH to kill me if I said I wanted another baby whilst I was in labour..... but you know what I would do it all again :cloud9:

Jade xxxx

Fantastic story, i bet that was great to have your friend there! Congratulations x x

great story

well done you guys. he looks gorgeous, you must be so happy.

Awwww Jade what a positive birth story well done hun hes lovely . xx .

he's gorgeous hun. huge congrats :friends:

and i don't mind tellin u - it's a good job i been doin my pelvic floors.... would have piddled myself laughin at your hallucinations :rofl:

Thanks for sharing your birth story. Congratulations on your LO :hug:

Good Job - and great story! Congratulations!

aww u did so well chick, sounds like the birth i had! i was in established labour for around 4-5 hours, his head kept going back up when i was pushing and i too had a 2nd degree tear with no stitches! (bloody painful lol). your lil man is gorgeous :D xx

congratulations hun, and well done!! he is gorgeous xx

Great story Jade, and caine is such a little cutie.

Big Congrats to you and oh hunn

:hug::hug::hug:

What a lovely story, many congratulations and enjoy your new mummy role!! xx

I told OH to kill me if I said I wanted another baby whilst I was in labour..... but you know what I would do it all again :cloud9:

Jade xxxx

i did the same when i was in labour with lilly - obviously didnt mean much as 20 months later i did it all again with lucas :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->