My midwife put me ahead two weeks!!

Mummy_to_be87

Reaction score
I went to my appointment and they said I was measuring two weeks ahead, I had been telling them all along that I was further on and the baby has finally proved it!! I am so happy to be due in the next 4 weeks :happydance: Just a mini rant but Im so glad they moved my dates to add up to mine!! That is all :hugs:

Hey Hun
What did they measure?
My bump high is 38weeks but I am only 36weeks. So they scanned me and baby was bang in for 36weeks.
Glad your happy though must of made your day!
Xx

They changed your estimated due date just because you are measuring ahead by fundal height? Or by ultrasound? Here, even if ultrasound measures ahead, they don't adjust due dates after 12 weeks because every baby grows so different.

They shouldn't put you ahead just because of measuring over on fundal height. It could be down to extra water or a larger baby but if you were measuring right before and now that s/he is starting to get bigger when it varies in each baby anyway so it is odd your midwife would change your due date.

I'd be pretty mad if they did that to me at this point and then say I had gone 2 weeks over just as I was coming up for my due date.

I was measuring 2 and a half weeks ahead 3 weeks ago, 2 weeks ago was measuring bang on and this week measuring a week behind. She said unless its more than a 3 week difference they don't give it much attention as something as simple as baby's position can make a big difference.
Was it fundal height or ultrasound measurements?

I've been measuring ahead by 2cm (weeks) since 25 weeks but i'm still on same due date. I know i'm not actually 2 weeks ahead as my hubby works away so easy to work out conception times lol. Fingers crossed that your litttle one makes an appearence earlier for you though x

i've been measuring 2 weeks ahead from the start but they still won't change my dates, so just hoping i don't go overdue by there dates.....

I have also been measuring ahead two weeks for a long time and was told it's normal. so I wouldn't put my hopes too high that baby will come early!!

They shouldnt mess around with your due date even with scan measurments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->