My miscarriage 23/05/2011

Hayleykins05

TTC & Angel Mummy
Reaction score
Me and my fiancée Dan had been together for six years before we found out we were pregnant 09/05/2011. We were shocked but over the moon!

I went to the doctors a few days previously and had some blood taken and did a urine sample. I was expecting a :bfn: so I told my fiancée to go to work and not come with and and I'd phone him with the verdict but to both of our surprise, the doctor told me I was expecting. I burst into tears of joy! My OH phoned me and said he'd finished work early and he'd pick me up from the doctors. So I waited for him and when he pulled up he knew just by looking at the huge smile on my face we were pregnant.

The pregnancy went well at first, until I started to get a cramping sensation in my lower abdomen. I phoned my mum to ask her if it was normal and she told me that she had it when she was pregnant with my younger sister and not to worry.

After a few days it wore off and I was fine, we were busy planning to change our spare bedroom to a nursery and talking about baby names and genuinely being so happy.

I woke up the morning of 23/05/2011. With severe cramps I got out of bed (sorry TMI coming up) and went to the toilet and wiped and found bright red blood on the tissue. I freaked out and shouted for Dan immediately we raced to the hospital I rang my mum and she said she'd come to the hospital to support me as I was a mess.

We waited for hours for a scan but I knew that I had lost the baby. When we finally got an ultrasound it revealed that I had indeed lost the baby.

I can't help but think that if I had of gone to the hospital when I had cramps to start with it might've never happened. We've come to terms with our loss and always have a memorial on 4th January which would've been my due date and on 23rd May which is when I miscarried.

Dan and I feel ready now to start TTC again, we've just moved into our own home and feel now is a good time. We'd love our baby to be there for our wedding but if it doesn't happen before I definitely would love a baby in the near future :) x

Hey hun, don't blame yourself. A lot of women get cramps in pregnancy and everything is fine. Furthermore, even if you had gone to the hospital earlier, there's probably nothing they could have done. The vast majority of miscarriages are due to chromosomal abnormalities and are not treatable/preventable. At most, they might have been able to tell you that you were at risk of losing the baby. I've talked to a ton of women who have miscarried and I've yet to hear a single story where they were able to save the baby because she went in early or where a woman was told after the fact that they could have helped her if she'd gone in earlier. In every case I've ever heard, the miscarriage would have been inevitable.

Best of luck to you and your fiance as you start to TTC again!

Hey hun, don't blame yourself. A lot of women get cramps in pregnancy and everything is fine. Furthermore, even if you had gone to the hospital earlier, there's probably nothing they could have done. The vast majority of miscarriages are due to chromosomal abnormalities and are not treatable/preventable. At most, they might have been able to tell you that you were at risk of losing the baby. I've talked to a ton of women who have miscarried and I've yet to hear a single story where they were able to save the baby because she went in early or where a woman was told after the fact that they could have helped her if she'd gone in earlier. In every case I've ever heard, the miscarriage would have been inevitable.

Best of luck to you and your fiance as you start to TTC again!

I know that it couldn't have been helped but I still feel as guilty for some reason.

Thank you Hun :)

Thanks for sharing. Your story made me cry. I hope that your new TTC journey goes a lot better than the last and that you have a beautiful rainbow baby to hold in the next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->