my mom wanting stay with us

I have the same issue! I stood my ground and told her I wanted a week after the birth before any visitors. She is so hurt and upset. But everyone is right - it's your child and your time to start calling the shots that will make you happy. I plan to! :)

Personally, I want my mom there because I am so freaked out and don't know what I'm doing! But my mom and I and she and my husband all get along, and it is something that he is comfortable with. If I felt that I would rather her not be there she would totally understand, and I'm sure your mom would too. It sounds like you just need to talk to her...I'm sure she just wants to help, you're HER baby ya know:)

It is totally up to you, but I'm personally really happy that my mom is going to be around for the birth and to help out afterwards. Of course, first she asked if I wanted her to be there and my sister also offered to come if I wanted her to. So I'm really touched and excited to have them around for support.

However, I also know that I'm lucky to be close to my mom and she is very careful about boundaries. She will be staying with us (only because I asked her to or she would stay in a hotel) and be helping us with some stuff around the house, not to mention bringing us a fancy new tv! But she isn't the sort to give unwanted advice, rearrange my cupboards, or telling me what to do. I know its hard for her sometimes but she is really good about treating me like an adult and I really appreciate that. My husband also has no problem with her coming to stay with us, but he will have a month off after the baby is born, so there are a number of reasons I'm really happy to have my mom and sister around but I know its not the same for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->