My moment of panick... (random rant)

g1zm0h

Reaction score
To give a little history, I sat in my overcrowded OB's office one day (he had a delivery earlier that day, so the appointments were 2-3 hours behind) and realized that I couldn't handle this anymore... I was ready to kiss my 5 minute appointments with my frazzled and oberbooked OB goodbye... What was my alternative?

A MW!

I must say, so far, that this is the best decision I have ever made :) It's been a great experience so far that I've gone from wanting to deliver in the "safety" of a hospital, to the comfort of my home with a natural homebirth...

That is of course until I watched a natural birth in a birthing centre (video) on BabyCentre... oh dear... her wailing sent my pelvic floor exercises into overdrive and my LO went on a kicking frenzy...

I'm not panicking... At least I don't think I am... So many women have done this, and they were fine... My body was made for this... So no need for concern, right? Everyone's experience is different...

I just had a flashback of my OB's office, and that wonderful sign that said "no food or drink in the waiting room"... SERIOUSLY? A room full of hungry pregnant people and no food or drinks??

Anyhow, I'm fine, but I think I should leave TLC's Baby Story and labour videos for a later time when I'm more equipped...

If you care to watch the video, it's actually quite beautiful:
https://www.babycenter.com/2_live-birth-natural_3656508.bc?intcmp=content_pgmg_HPHero

Thanks for listening!

I know when I see a natural video and I hear the screaming/loud vocalizing, I wobble as well. There is a deep seeded notion that screaming = horrible pain = something is wrong. You and I have to remind ourselves that in birth that's just not the same thing. There is pain and noise but it's purposeful and helpful to be loud.

What a brilliant video! What really helped is her previous story is like mine do i found it very encouraging despite the screaming (although I think she held back quite well compared to some on you tube I've seen ha ha) the bit that scared me was she tore on her episiotomy line which is what I'm terrified of doing! Eeek! Xx

I didn't think she screamed much at all! I've seen far more vocal videos! The tearing thing has made me want to start perineal massaging though! I don't want to tear along my episiotomy scar either (mine is an old one like hers was).

Does it make a difference how old it is? I used perineal gel and massage last time ( waste of time it was when they pulled out the forceps! Grrrr) so will be trying it out again this time. Xx

I have no idea but her son is 6 and my daughter is 7 so that concerned me a little as before I thought as it was an old scar it wouldn't be too much of a problem. Mine does still cause me pain at times so I don't know :shrug:

Better get the olive oil out :rofl:

Did either of you do perineal massaging for your first? I'm definitely going to do the same as I want to avoid tearing (but really, who doesn't!?!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->