My Murder

Yammas

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I was wondering if anyone watched this programme for those who didnt its about the murder of Shakias Townsend who was led to his death in 2008 by a girl he was in love with. Its on iPlayer now for anyone who missed it and for me I found it raised a few different questions;

Why is it that when a partner cheats we always go after the person they cheated with rather then apprehending the partner who strayed???

Is status that important that girls and women alike will stay with someone who treats them like crap rather than someone nice who is considered a 'nobody'???

And is there ever gonna be an end to gun and knife crime???

I have never understood why people tend to go for the person their partner has cheated with, its not something i have ever done, when my ex cheated on me, the other ladies were the least important thing to me, there was no one to blame other than my ex and personally i wouldnt waste my time and energy on it and regardless of if they knew he was with me or not wouldnt of made a difference to me, i couldnt care the slightest about them, all my hurt/anger was vented at my ex and soley him, all the rest didnt matter.

Status is not important to me at all, i wouldnt stay with someone who treated me badly for no reason.

and no i dont think there will ever be an end to gun a knife crime.

I watched and it moved me. So many times we hear of people who've just turned their life around, like Shakylar did, and then they die. I find it sad.

There's a whole lot of ego going on. But understand why. That guy, Danny, who stabbed Shak had absolutely NOTHING going for him (at least its what he thought). People who have nothing have to find some sort of respect and recognition from somewhere, and I think being a gang-leader and having a tough macho attitude is one way of doing it.

Nobody says to these kids (or people do, but not enough) - "work hard, get a good job, respect and love others and it will come back manifold"

criminalizing gun and knives is one thing, but it does nothing to address the issue of knives and guns, and therefore does very little to prevent further deaths. I feel so much for the mother, and for him. I know when our time to die comes, it comes regardless..but to die like that? wow, awful. so heartbreaking.

I am loving BBCs criminal britain season as it sheds some light.

I know when they played the 999 call it gave me chills it such a shame he was trying to do something positive with his life after all the wrong hed done in the past and he dies over something so trivial ...

I think that part of it is to do with young people being too scared to take a beating nowadays even when I was at school I saw many a fight where the supposed 'hard man' got his ass kicked and couldnt take it so him and his 'boys' went and jumped the other boy lad at a later date when he least expected it same happened with girls as well one of the victims was pregnant at the time and lost her baby as a result :nope:

I think all these people trying to get a rep are stupid because as soon as you leave the area noone knows who you are anyway so all the 'rep' is gone.

I watched and was very moved by it. I actually thought it was very well presented.

Why is it that when a partner cheats we always go after the person they cheated with rather then apprehending the partner who strayed???
Personally, it seems that it may be a case of denial that their partner would actually go out of their way to cheat on them, in other words, if the 'third party' is single, they must be automatically guilty of coming in a breaking up a relationship.

Is status that important that girls and women alike will stay with someone who treats them like crap rather than someone nice who is considered a 'nobody'???
When I was at school, I have to admit that I always wanted to be part of the 'in' crowd. I have no idea why, but I was drawn to the 'bad' boys - the ones who skipped school, talked back to the teachers etc etc. I was never in a relationship with any of them, and never saw them outside of school, so maybe it was just a fascination at the time? Once I went to college, I never wanted to be a part of anything 'bad' and I would stay well clear of 'gangs' and people who thought they were 'it'.
Now, I think the whole 'status' thing is pathetic - I see the gangs around our town (mainly late at night) with their bandannas hanging out of their back pockets, and I see the girls who are hanging off of every word the 'boys' (because that's all they are) say. It's as if they idolise them! Whether or not the boys treat the girls nice or not, I don't know, but clearly status means a lot to these girls!

I personally would rather be with a 'nobody' who treated me good than someone who everyone knows that treated me like crap

And is there ever gonna be an end to gun and knife crime???

No. I don't think there will. Did you see in the news about the young girl who was shot in crossfire and has been left permanently paralysed? (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...-which-left-five-year-old-girl-paralysed.html) Apparently one of the men 'hired' the gun for £250 for the day! What is going on when people can hire lethal weapons so easily?

I know seeing the cctv of her dancing before she was shot ... soo sad :cry:I do think that they should have been charged with something more than GBH though that poor girl has had the rest of her life taken away because of these cowards.

Its a joe that guns are supposed to be illegal are soo readily available something definately needs to be done not sure what though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->