My mw is coming next Friday 10+5 to find baby's hb?

DanteRoman

Reaction score
She's scheduled to come next Friday and I'll be 10+5 to hear the baby's heartbeat. She suggested it. This is my 4th pregnancy.

But from what I've read here it's unlikely to hear it that early. Although she is very experienced I know this because I had her with my 2nd?

What do you ladies think? Is it just going to cause me worry? X

I found babies hb at 10w i carry alot of extra weight.

I dont know where you are but policies were i live is they dont listen to hb until 24 weeks

Did she say why she wants to try to listen in with a Doppler?

It does seem a bit odd. My midwife couldn't find mine until 17 weeks and they don't tend to try before at least 16 weeks where I am x

At my 11 week appt. my doctor said she would try but to not get worried if she couldn't find it as it was still early. She couldn't find it. But I've actually been listening to it since 9w2d. I think she just didn't know where to look. If she takes the time to look around she might find it. But definitely don't get discouraged if she doesn't. My doctor said 12-13 weeks is when the uterus rises above the public bone making it easier to find a heartbeat.

She just offered to do it, didn't say I why I presumed it was routine. Will update next Friday. Thanks xx

My MW tried at my 8w5d appointment and when she couldn't find it- and I know it was insanely early to try, she rescheduled an appointment for 10w5d (This Friday) So it sounds like we'll be listening to our bean's (Hopefully) on the same day. ^.^

We found Baby Poof with the Doctor's Doppler @ 10 weeks 5 days!!!! The baby's heartbeart- which my DH recorded and I will steal soon, was just above 170 BPM!

Mw couldn't find mine guess I'll wait until my scan xx

I'd love my mw to try but they won't even try til at least 16 weeks here:( xx

:hugs: My MW started tha appointment with warning me it might still be too early, and we were lucky to find Poof. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get to hear your little bean though. When is your scan?

I actually have a video of the midwife finding bubs heart beat at 8 weeks! It's very faint but def there :)

:hugs: My MW started tha appointment with warning me it might still be too early, and we were lucky to find Poof. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get to hear your little bean though. When is your scan?

I've got a funny feeling it's the same day as yours... Mines may 14th when yours? I'm sure we're due the same day too November 22nd x

I've got a funny feeling it's the same day as yours... Mines may 14th when yours? I'm sure we're due the same day too November 22nd x

My next Ultrasound is May 14th and yes we are due the same day! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->