My nearly 5yr old has begun wetting the bed again

clio

Reaction score
DS had been dry at night for quite awhile, but then his father had to go on a trip for the entire month of September. At this point, he began to wet the bed again. Not every night, but enough times that I had to put him back into nighttime pull-ups. And now, even though my husband has been back for a while, he continues to occasionally wet the bed (he's still fine during the day). He will be five next month. Has anyone had such a regression at such an age? If so, how long did it last? He wet the bed twice in the past two nights.

The other issue is that the pull-ups are getting too small and he is peeing through them. They are Huggies Nightime Pull-ups, 4T-5T (I'm in Canada, so probably only US and Canadian members will be able to help me here). Is there anything bigger?

ETA: the reason I mention my husband's absence is because he and DS are very close. Although he was fine behaviourally during this period, he did begin to wet the bed.

I have just read the 4 yr old bedtime wetting thread, and found it very helpful re: the regressive peeing at night. Now the only question is, how do I stop the pull up leakage? Again, any Canadians or Americans able to suggest something other than Huggies 4T-5T which might be more effective?

Good nites worked well for my 7 year old cousin. He is highly autisic and took long er to be potty trained. We sell them here in the us at target.

That's exactly what I ended up getting! They are much larger than the Huggies ones, and so far we've had no problems. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->