my new creation :)

Hahahaha really? I bought some yesterday only it isnt pul in there. Its called blackout material. But it has a waterproof side and a polyester side if that makes sense. Its like a cream colour.

I tested the waterproof capabilities earlier and it worked fine. Although once my skills get better i will buy proper pul just didnt wanna spend the money while i was trying out!!

Yeah, they then asked me what it was for and the looks got weirder when I replied 'nappies' :rofl:

HAHAHAHA everyone ive said to its for nappies has looked at me strange but then i think im like the only person in st helens that uses cloth!!

Cute nappy! Love the monster print :)

Kaites...nice to see another LO appreciating the Brobee goodness.

Dewi loves his Brobree, Muno and Plex soft toys.

lol, Emma is chewing Brobee's horns as I type :) Heaven help me if we ever lose Brobee in our travels- he goes with us everywhere. The Yo Gabba Gabba's are pretty cute though :) Glad to hear I'm not the only one letting their child play with monsters :haha:

I think this may become a new hobby if I can pull it off. I found a cheap sewing machine from Dunelm (actually cheaper than ebay) and I think I will get the things I need as soon as DH lets me. I think that making nappies will be the best way to get really nice boy designs (if I can manage to make them). Is this the lining...

https://www.dunelm-mill.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product1_11100_-1_51464_10551

Yep but after a few washes it doesnt stay waterproof as i found out :( So now im using so material from a fabric shop its a bit like a shower curtain :rofl: Might actually tru buying a shower curtain and trying that!!

ebay sell PUL fabric. I am going crazy about the idea of making nappies now. Unfortunately much like buying them I keep seeing really nice fabrics for girls! In probably should read up on how to make them a bit to know what I need first, I am getting ahead of myslef with excitement, lol.

A nappy making or general DIY sticky thread on here would be very useful now!

Yea lol PUL is quite expensive so im using alternitives untill im happy with my nappys... i dont want to waste money when i dont have to! Ive got loads of boys fabric... my local fabric shop sells all there fabric for £3.50 a metre so i kinda bought alot!!

I am looking at cheap fabric on ebay at the moment but I know we used to have a local store that was good for things like fabric.

i bought this

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270581867459&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

and this https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270582397526&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Thats so cool! Ds has that duvet set too! Im itching to get my hands on a sewing machine, im desperate to make cloth nappies and mt's!

Im sooo tempted to try and make a MT but i dunno lol .... more ideas!!

I like those fabrics, love anything with dots on though.

I want to make a mei tai once I have made a few nappies so I feel confident in the stitching strength. I would like to make a mei tai and match nappy!

ive just started a mei tei but my sewing machine died on me! ( need to buy a power pack as running on batteries!) so now im having to sell nappies to fund one!!

I was going to get a cheap sewing machine from Dunelm but DH started to look at more expensive ones. I don't know if I should just start off with a cheaper one to start with though as I would not have to wait as long and I would like to see how well making a nappy goes before investing in something more. I have only even hand sewn anything and it is not that reliable (only ever fit rips or make little extras for Halloween costumes).

I bought mine from dunelm and it works great but its only battery powered and you need to buy a charger (not that expensive tbh) i would suggest investing in rechargable batteries!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->