My New Year's Eve Water Baby - Alexander James born 31-12-10

jms895

Reaction score
Name: Alexander James Wilson
Weight: 6 pound 13 1/2 oz
Born: 31-12-2010 (EDD 06-01-2011) One week early
Time Born: 9.55pm in the hospital birthing pool!
Labour: Irregular contractions for 18 hours (only 2 hours of established labour)

Quick recall on the weeks activities first! Since just before Xmas I was having major braxton hicks and baby was well engaged so was expedcting him to be a little early! The BH were definately more painful than the first time and were bad enough to keep waking me from sleep. I had not slept much for a while :dohh:

Well Xmas came and went which surprised me and I decided to 'do the deed' with OH and then went on a long 3 mile walk the morning of the 30th Dec. Anyway this seemed to do the trick and at about 2/3am on the 31st I woke up having proper contractions, however they were irregular and mild at first. Everyone was passing them off as BH again and I was like NOOOOO I know the bloody difference! :grr:

They went down to 6 mins apart so we packed Caine off at 4am to my MILs to go back to bed. I thought that having a quick labour with Caine, i better get organised :haha: little did I know little man had other ideas!

Anway by 8am they were back to about 8 mins apart :grr: and I was knackered and frustrated. I had a bath, did housework and kept busy. I then tried to have an hours sleep but they kept waking me.

At about 2pm my best friend came over and no change, 6 mins apart, 8 mins apart, 7 mins :wacko: it was driving me nuts! She examined me (she is a MW) and i was only 2 cm but totally efaced so she said not in labour yet but making progress! She said it was probably babies positioning causing the irregular contractions :(

Well I was knackered! I had another bath and did a bit of pottering about. Bear in mind it was New Years Eve, I wanted to have the baby and be home for a tipple at midnight with my boys :winkwink:

Caine popped back to see me for an hour then my mum took him away. Her and dad called back at 5pm and the contractiosn were getting stronger and every 6 mins. I bounced on the ball and ran up and down stairs and this seemed to get things going again, as did playing with my nipples :haha: Thats REALLY did work!

By 5.30 ish they went as they could see it was getting more painful but I was breathing through them and I had 2 paracetamol. I was just so tired! I had another bath :rofl: and stayed in there a while, this sped it up again and the contractions quickly went to 4 mins apart. Friend checked me and I was 4 to 5cm :wohoo:

She asked if I wanted to stay or go hospital, so I said lets go I wanna get in that birthing pool!! :thumbup: This was 7.30pm ish.

I got to the hospital at around 7.50pm, I had 3 contractions on the way there and 2 walking to reception :haha: people were staring at me rocking and moaning hehe probably thinking poor woman giving birth tonight :baby:

Got up to the labour ward and ran the pool. Got in and it was BLISS :cloud9: got the gas and air set up then the party started!! :coffee: Would definately recommend the pool for birthing!

I still hadnt lost my waters and only had a tiny pink show but things were definately heating up!

The gas and air was great though it yet again made me talk bolllocks :dohh: and I forgot how weird it is. In between each contraction me and OH were fighting over the G&A :haha: and we had the Club Mix on in the background. It was like a night down town :rofl: quite appropropriate for a new year party. I found rocking helped again and was all over the shop in the pool :rofl:

We kept guessing whether little man would arrive that night or be a 1/1/11 baby and I guessed the early hours. Literally, 5 mins after that I felt mega pressure and a contraction after that felt the urge to push! I think I pushed 3 times and his head popped out! Wow I was in shock didnt expect it that quick. I then pushed with the next contraction and he slid out into the water :) :baby: He was tiny but the spitting double of Caine.

I burst into tears I was so happy, and relieved it was over! I was completely shattered and had forgot how the contractions were! I definately felt it differently this time and was so glad i had a water birth and only the gas and air! I was very proud of myself. I think again the hypnobirthing and breathing helped me keep calm, plus having a fabulous OH and best friend as my midwife :)

We poured some pink fizz and mum and dad came to see us in the delivery room. Andy then had to go as his mum was ill and was being bought in (another story) but all I had to think about was food and rest, I had not slept in 40 hours or eaten anything all day. But the adrenalin kept me up staring at my beautiful angel! We stayed in overnight and came home lunchtime New years day.

He weighed a teeny 6 pound 13 and half oz and was 52cm long. 2 cm longer than Caine but weighed less. He has lighter hair and seems much more chilled! :) They are like peas in a pod though!

I love my two boys and whilst I was in labour I said NEVER again (especially with the breastfeeding afterpains!) but now I think about it, I would do it again :haha: Taking me a while to adjust to having 2 under 2 tho :dohh:

What day is it again??? :coffee: :sleep: :haha:

PS: some really minging birth pics of me for you to chuckle at :haha:

Attachments

• SDC11923.jpg
    SDC11923.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 133
  • SDC11930.jpg
    SDC11930.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 111
  • SDC11934.jpg
    SDC11934.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 104
  • SDC11925.jpg
    SDC11925.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 114
  • SDC11944.jpg
    SDC11944.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 110
Beautiful story jade I think you may have convinced me to enquire about a water birth :thumbup: you look so relaxed in the pics I can't believe you have just given birth :cloud9:

congrats again jade

Aweee hes adorable...congrats!!!

Great birth story! Congratulations again! Gorgeous pics of you and Alexander :cloud9:

X

Ahhh honey!! GREAT birth story! and you look soooooooooooooo happy in your pics... congrats my friend.. well done you and your boys are gorgeous! Caine looks very keen to meet his brother! :D

awww it sounded like a very chilled birth...lovely pics x

Awww Jade hes adorable your right hes the double of caine congrats hun were all proud of you xxx

Great birth story, love the pic of baby & Caine, so cute!!

Amazing hun - really well written and great use of smilies by the way lol!!! Glad you had such a good water birth experience xxxx

Great story hun!!!! I so hope I get my water birth this time round :thumbup:

Well done and congrats to you and andy!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh wow congratulations hun hes a beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance: xXx

Congrats, he's gorgeous! x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back