My niece had blue fingers and toes

kelly2903

mum2princess an expectin
Reaction score
:cry::cry::cry: hey yesterday, me LO and OH decided, to visit his brother, and his wife, they live a bit away so we have to stay the night!!

they have 2 kids a 5 year old, and a 14 month little girl,

14month jamie-leigh is always ill?????? nothing serious just chesty abit,

wen we got here last night, she was poorly again, :cry::cry::cry:

not eating so i told my sis in law not to worry about the food, just get plenty of liquids in her, ( i got there at 5pm) in about 3 hours she had drank a 2 full cups of juice a fruit shoot and a bottle of milk

about 11pm, she was trying to sleep but was just wimpering, my sis in law went to get her a bottle of milk, so passed her to me, she was like a flaming hot water bottle, sis in law didnt have a theomameter, and so we couldnt her temp!!!! i siad she has defo got a temp she is boiling all over, so we stripped her down to put her in a cool bath, she had already had calpol, so couldnt give her any more!!! when we took her clothes off i noticed her toes where blue and her finger tips too????

i told my sis she should ring a dr, that is not right, she was red hot but her fingers & toes looked freezing, we rang doctor, by this point jamie leigh was shaking like she was frezzing fingers and toes still blue, dr aid they should go to the emergancy surgery for the dr to see her,

she got there and the dr said she is dehydrated????? :cry: poor little baby ! she had to be taken straight to hospital, the hospital have also confirmed she ha sa serious chest infection and ear infection and that is why she is dehydrated.

the poor little mite, she is still in hospital, now they have put her on a drip! and giving her antibiotic's,

my sis in law took, jamie-leigh to the doc's 4 times in the last couple months about the same thing she had and how it keeps comingback and everytime, they have said she just has a viral infection, now sis inlaw feels really bad becasue she didnt take her yesterday morning, when she first go poorly again,

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

stupid fing drs, they should have picked up on this, in the 1st place, and now my niece is suffering in hospital, cause they have passed it off as a viral infection and said they couldnt give her anything for it:hissy::hissy: and my sis in law feels guilty as hell, cause she didnt no, like she is a dr she isnt supposed to no, thats wat dr is there for :hissy::hissy: im so bloody angry and upset:hissy:

OMG what an ordeal!!! Its so good you took her to the ER! Wow! I hope she gets better soon, at least she is on an IV to get rehydrated and probably loads of antibiotics. You are a good aunt. I'm sure your sister was relieved you were there. Don't let her beat herself up for this, babies get sick, kids get sick, and sometimes they get sick with lightning speed. I hope your niece gets feeling better soon :D

OMG what an ordeal!!! Its so good you took her to the ER! Wow! I hope she gets better soon, at least she is on an IV to get rehydrated and probably loads of antibiotics. You are a good aunt. I'm sure your sister was relieved you were there. Don't let her beat herself up for this, babies get sick, kids get sick, and sometimes they get sick with lightning speed. I hope your niece gets feeling better soon :D

ive told her its not her fault! she put her trust in the dr to diagnois correctly they havent done there job, im sure jamie leigh is ok, they rang a bout an hour ago to say thanks, and to tell me, she had been topped up wth capol and antibiotics and so she was still slepping, poor little baby, at least she can get some rest now, she hasnt slept properly for 2 days and nites, until early hours this morning!

Well I'm really glad she is sleeping :sleep: now, she will get better quickly I'm sure. Give your sister a big hug when you see her. At least she is getting the treatment now. :hugs:

:( ahhh the poor little girl :hugs:

:hug: Poor thing. Hope she feels better soon!

poor thing, i hope she feels better soon and gets to go home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->