my OH just told me..

xnewxmummyx

Mummy, Daddy and Isobelle
Reaction score
he staying away for work next Wednesday (9th) and I'm scared incase I go into labour argh! he told his bosses he needed 2 be as close 2 home as possible from beginning Feb to the big day but then he tells me this!! We live in South Yorkshire and he gotta stay in Hull, and I am guessin its about 1.5hrs away :dohh: The thing is I will be completely on my own, it's just me, him and his mum who live round here and his mum also works away on Wednesday nights, my family live in East Midlands, 40+miles away so no1 will be able 2 get here in my hour of need, and its just my luck I'll go into labour when I am alone... :cry:

And to make matters worse, my mum starts her chemo on the same day and I am gonna be sat alone all day and night worrying about her too ...

Dunno why I posted this thread just needed 2 share cos I'm scared lol...

xxx

didnt want to read and run no advice just a :hug: x

Well once contractions start, just call your hubby and if it's a 1,5 drive, he'll make it on time !
:thumbup:

I kind of know how you feel... going away for a couple of days and am terrified I'm going to go into labour and not have him there! I'm sure it'll be fine and probably won't go into labour until after 40weeks lol but I'm still worried! Hope your (and mine) LO stays put :D

I kind of know how you feel... going away for a couple of days and am terrified I'm going to go into labour and not have him there! I'm sure it'll be fine and probably won't go into labour until after 40weeks lol but I'm still worried! Hope your (and mine) LO stays put :D

I know I probably wont go into labour til 40weeks, if not more, but its just the "what if" factor isnt it??

and i dont sleep well when i know im in house on my own, eeek, got a week 2 worry over it now lol, wish he had told me the day before lol!!

xx

some days we juust need to rant and yr be fine you prob wont go in labour till nearer the time or if this is yr first probably later, big hug coming yr way xx

When you go into labour it usually lasts for several hours. A lot of the woman on here are like, "I started getting contractions, and then went to sleep for 4-6 hours and when I woke up they were fairly close together, so after about an hour I went to the hospital..." So you should be okay! :D

It takes my partner at least 90 mins to get home from work everyday and my mum is about the same distance away - calling as soon as contractions start is the plan sadly :/

Hugs but please don't panic.

My DH works 2.5 to 3 hours away and he'll be getting a phone call as soon as I suspect that I am in labour. The one piece of advice I have been given by the hospital MW is don't come to the hospital too early so I'll just have to calm myself until he gets home!

My OH has gone to Austria until Friday. I'm just keeping my legs crossed till then because he's 2 plane rides away. Chances are I've got a couple of weeks left anyway, but I know how you feel the stress of him being away will have me analyzing every little ache and pain! When I'm 39 weeks he's going to Sheffield for the day, which is a 2 hour drive. This is my 2nd baby so that might be cutting it close! Big hugs and try not to worry to much! Xxxx

:hugs:aw i know exactly how u feel even though im only 28 weeks my hubby has been staying away recently at least once a week n normally about 2hrs away but i am always worried what if something goes wrong n i cant get hold of anyone, my mum lives an hr away 2, i know its unlikely as pregnancy has been trouble free but it still the WHAT IF isnt it! x

he staying away for work next Wednesday (9th) and I'm scared incase I go into labour argh! he told his bosses he needed 2 be as close 2 home as possible from beginning Feb to the big day but then he tells me this!! We live in South Yorkshire and he gotta stay in Hull, and I am guessin its about 1.5hrs away :dohh: The thing is I will be completely on my own, it's just me, him and his mum who live round here and his mum also works away on Wednesday nights, my family live in East Midlands, 40+miles away so no1 will be able 2 get here in my hour of need, and its just my luck I'll go into labour when I am alone... :cry:

And to make matters worse, my mum starts her chemo on the same day and I am gonna be sat alone all day and night worrying about her too ...

Dunno why I posted this thread just needed 2 share cos I'm scared lol...

xxx

Oh un, I had the same when I was a few weeks to my EDD, my OH had to work in Swansea for a couple of weeks. Thats 6 hours from us on a clear run! Worked out ok though, I was 12 days over soo he was home in time. Fingers crossed for you. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->