My OH really wants blue...what if its pink?

FlowerTots13

Mommy to Evie :)
Reaction score
Me and my OH really want to find out what our LO is, so have booked a gender scan when im 16 weeks(only 2 weeks left!) at babybond. I'm one of three girls, and my sister had two daughters so when i first found out there was no doubt in my mind that i'll be having a girl, dont know why, just didnt think any differently. As i got further along, we were discussing names, and obviously chose both boy and girl name. But whenever we really talk about the baby, my OH refers to him/her as the chosen boys name. I have asked what he really wanted and he said he really wanted a boy (he has 3 kids by previous relationship 2 girls and 1 boy) I'm really worried that if we find out its a girl he wont be as happy as if it was a boy, ive spoken to him about it and he said that it doesnt matter to him. But deep down i know what he wants as hes admitted it, and would feel devastated if i cant give him what we both want. I should just feel lucky to have a baby! But cant help feeling that i may be disappointed if i had a LG, which is what i've always wanted but has slowly turned towards a LB recently as all i've heard is Boy from my OH.
I really needed to get it out my system.:cry:

I actually feel the same way! My OH (nor I) have any children from the past - but completely understand what you're saying when you say he's hoping for a boy. My OH hasn't come straight out and said ' I want a boy ' or called my bump any names since we haven't come up with any certain names especially for a boy - but he refers to LO as 'he'. My boyfriends really into cars and racing and all that type of boy stuff - and always has been. I know he wants a boy - but we don't have a choice in what the baby is. I've convinced myself it's a girl (although I think I'm trying to talk myself into that it's a girl) just so I can keep reminding OH that there is a chance that it's a girl. He says he'll be happy if its a girl too - although I know he'll be VERY disappointed for a while after we find out (if it is a girl).

I'm actually hoping it's a boy - just for his sake!! I've always wanted a girl, although I don't care about which gender, I'm starting to hope boy for him.

I think it's important to keep reminding your OH that there is a possiblity it is a girl. I'm sure he'll come around eventually if it is (as I hope mine does). They're not going to hate their child just because it turned out to be a girl (even though sometimes it seems that way :haha:). I have my gender scan 2 weeks today, so we'll be finding out around the same time!!

You can also remind him - if he ends up mad about the gender, that he was the one that determined the gender of the baby with his sperm - not you :haha: I'll be thinking of you!! Good luck at your scan and let me know how it goes !!:)

At the end of the day it is your child.and you will.both.lobe him/her the same as if it is.a boy when baby is here you will.be delighted dont dig into it so deep x

We are in the same boat, we have a DD and my DH was really hoping for a boy but the gender scan says girl. While he's disappointed, he is still ok with it being a girl. I think he's handling it better than I am... I still look at little boys and think... oh I'll never have to wonder about circumcision or how to teach a little boy to pee pee in a potty... stupid things like that make me sad. At least I'm not crying anymore about it like I did for an hour after the scan. However I think DH like most guys are more concrete and is like, its a girl and hopefully healthy and that's what God gave us... maybe for reasons we don't know yet. So don't worry I think he'll come around faster than you think.

Thanks Ladies,
Hannahlove- sounds exactly like my other half, into cars and racing definitely. I'll let you know :) mines on the 21st and I'm really excited to see my LO again :)

He didn't have much of a say or upbringing with his others as he had to work to keep a roof over their heads, but he knows this time he'll have much more of an involvement with the upbringing as I plan to return to work. Maybe I am looking too much into it, but hey ho, I'm sure he'll love our LO either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->