My poor baby :(

WanaBaba

Reaction score
My LO is 5 months and she had a bit of a cold about a week ago, well it seemed to go away but since yesterday she has been burning up (her head, face, back, belly) and today she hasnt been drinking much of her milk. She usually has 8 oz every 3.5 hrs. Well today she has been drinking only a few ounces from each bottle and will then start crying and eventually fall asleep. Shes only napping for 20 mins at a time and then wakes up and cries because she is still tired. She also had diariah (sp) when she had her cold a week ago, for a few days. Well it seems she has it again as ive just had to change her nappy twice in the past ten mins and it was very runny.

Anyone know what might be wrong? I'm gunna take her to the doctors tomorrow but just wanted to know what your thoughts are? :flower:

I hate seing her like this, it's awful :cry:

It could be a number of things hun, and it's horrible seeing them ill :sad1:

Has she got a temperature, and have you given her some calpol to help? Also, make sure she keeps up with her fluids - offer her water even if she only has a sip. Definately get her checked out by the docs tomorrow, just lots of cuddles until then xxxx

Just done her temp and its 38.1 oc. (it was 37.6 lastnight) yeah ive been giving her calpop but it doesnt seem to really be helping.

Is she taking water?
The temperature is a sign that her body is fighting an infection, so definately get her checked tomorrow. You could always give NHS direct a call if you're worried tonight xxxx

Is she taking water?
The temperature is a sign that her body is fighting an infection, so definately get her checked tomorrow. You could always give NHS direct a call if you're worried tonight xxxx

Do you have the nhs number?
She just had a little milk but then pooed again and screamed while i changed her and is now falling asleep on me whilst crying :cry::cry:

Ok i was too late!! Hope LO feels better soon xx

Aw hun, try not to worry too much. My LO had the same symptoms as yours a couple of months ago, and it turned out to be bronchiolitis. It's not usually as serious as it sounds, and is a very common infection that is a complication of a cough/cold. I phoned the hospital as Holly was barely eating, had no wet nappies and had a temp of 39, and they asked me to bring her in as she was only 3 months old. They kept her in for 12 hours observation and removed the mucus so she could eat. It took about 2 weeks for her to fully recover. See what NHS direct suggest and take her to the doctors tomorrow if they say to keep an eye on her. Hope she starts to feel better soon x x

Thanks everyone. I rang the nhs and a doc rang me back, he thinks she may have picked up a bit of a gastric bug. He advised that i carry on giving her calpol and plenty of fluids and take her to the docs tomorrow.

Thankyou ladies :flower: xxxx

Sending your LO big get well wishes - it's so horrible when they are poorly xxx

How is her breathing? Is it laboured? You will want to listen for wheezing.? If she had a cold a couple days ago does it seem like its still lingering? If she is wheezing or still has a cough you may want to take her to the hospital sooner rather then later.

When my DS was 11mths old he had a cold for a week or so...then seemed fine and then spiked a temperature, was exactly like your DD. Turned out his cold turned into Pneumonia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->