My Poor Brother

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
I called my brother today to say hi & he really didn't sound himself....I asked him what was up & he said work let me go.......

He came out of the army after 12 years last year & moved in with his GF & her lil boy. He tried to get in to the police but they said he didn't show enough energy (or something like that) he got through all the tests tho! He was gutted so he carried on looking for a job. He eventually got a job as security in Manchester and got a door license and was going to be trained up on CCTV etc. The hours we're unsociabe & he had to work every weekend which was really effecting his "family life" although it was a good paid job. He was then offered a job at the firm where his GF works (she's in accts) he was offered a job doing building & construction on normal hours and the same pay as his other job! He was told with his skills there was really good scope for promotion to site manager.....He bit their hand off & took the job. He's been much happier but working everyday for 12 hours to show he's willing.
So after working all weekend for them he goes in this morning only to be told 'we have to let you go' with no explanation, they said that was his weeks notice & as he'd worked a week in lieu then he could go today but still get paid next Friday. He'd checked his contract and he was on probation for 6 months.....he'd only been there 2!
He said he'd never done anything wrong and he'd worked his ass off! He did say they'd taken on a lot of foreign people just lately!!

The worst bit is he's just bought a new car and he'd asked his GF to marry him and they'd booked a date for next year. We're going to look 4 dresses at the wknd......even tho he has no job!
I really feel so sorry for him.....he's had the worst luck over the last few years!
I can't believe he's been to war many times for this country but the min he steps out of the army nobody wants to give him a chance!
:cry: Yet there's more bloody foreign people coming in to the UK and getting jobs straight away! We can't go to where their from and help ourselves to their jobs! Whats wrong with the bloody Government!!! It pisses me off really bad when I go to tesco's & ask the assistant for help and the assistant can't speak a bloody word of english.....where's the customer service in that??

Sorry I'm just ranting now!!! :hissy:

What regiment and rank was he when he left? if you dont mind me asking

just suprised that someone that served 12 years is finding it hard to get a job. have alot of family friends in the services and elaines dad left a couple of years back after just iver 30 years in.

how come he left? was he a tank driver

sorry if im being nosy lol

Whilst I am really sorry to hear about your brother and agree it is really unfair I don't like the bit about those foreigners. For them to get jobs they have been granted asylum, or have the relevant visa's, they can't get jobs straight away usually as there is a process they have to go through. And you probably would be able to go to their country and get a job, once you had the visa etc. His employer is the one at fault not those they employ.

My dad found it difficult at first to find work after he left the army but he did eventually find something which paid well. I hope your brother finds something soon.

I haven't had the best of luck since leaving either, Found alot of places arn't willing to give you a fair go ...

Hope he gets something sorted, and tell him to keep his chin up...

Life is a bitch and it knocks us all dowe .... some more than others, but he will get there it still knocks me on my arse, but you just have to keep going
Hope it all sorts itself out

xxx

my dad left the army after 36 but stuck to working within the MOD lol he cheated

just suprised that someone that served 12 years is finding it hard to get a job. have alot of family friends in the services and elaines dad left a couple of years back after just iver 30 years in.

how come he left? was he a tank driver

sorry if im being nosy lol

He was a tank driver at first but then he got to some sort of officer (i forget now) and "ran the tank" so to speak...so he had a driver & team that he gave orders to.

He came out because he wanted to settle down and have the family life, kids etc. I know he could have done that in the army but he said if he had kids etc he wouldn't want to disapear for months on end & not see them grow up.

The same thing happedned to my middle brother he'd been on 10 years and decided he wanted out......he was sent to Iraq (watched a few of his friends get killed) and swore that was it. He couldn't get in the police nor a decent job and decided to go back in......he's just returned again from Iraq & is due to go to Afganistan!

I really admire service men & women....I know they go in because they want to but the things they see & some of the things they've had to do just frightens me to think! They can never imagine before hand just how bad its really going to be before they get there!

the foreign people thing, it's cause employers are scared they'll scream racism! Companies sometimes also get money from the government for giving jobs to immigrants.

The Beatles wrote a song... "get back" - all about this, I don't know if it was the final version but Macca screams "stealing all our jobs" and stuff, - exactly what's happening now...

It's not just service people, it's everyone, - pay taxes, get screwed...when you need the help of your country you'll be told where to go, trust me, I learned the hard way

It's not just service people, it's everyone, - pay taxes, get screwed...when you need the help of your country you'll be told where to go, trust me, I learned the hard way

May not be "just service people" but since i came out no one wants to know ... most people have employment problems but if your ex military it takes the piss, i got screwed over by the military AND the goverment since i had to be medically discharged.

The people who "take our money and our jobs" get a hell of alot more than we do ...

I know im not the only one to have got fucked off with nothing ....

Yeah thanks for putting your life on the line Imi .... See ya :hi:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"