My poor constipated baby!

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
Poor Tristan - he has been really constipated this week. Up until today, he hadn't been for a poo in a week. He has been on solids for a few weeks and has become really bunged up.

Today, I felt really upset for him - he was straining to poo and there was even blood because the poo was so hard he couldn't get it out. I ended up taking him to the doctor because he was getting so upset. The doctor has given me some lactulose for him to loosen his stools. When I got home Tristan luckily managed to get the poos out. Poor little thing.

Any advice on how to stop your baby getting constipated?

What has he eaten so far? Usually I try to balance constipating foods (yogurts, cheese, bananas, apples, toast) with foods that loosen the bowels....prunes, peaches, pears, peas. You can always give him a little bit of apple juice/prune juice every couple of days........we used to give Hannah an ounce or two every 2 days and it helped her stay regular while her body adjusted to solids.

oh poor little man, big :hugs: for him, like vickie i give maddi sooooooo many veggies, poor thing has been pooing for england too :blush: i would try an oz or two of watered down prune juice, might help honey x x

i give a drink of 1 part fresh orange juice to 10 parts water. i'll also put a spalash of apple juice in daughters food if it'll go. I tried allsorts from pineapple to carrot nothing mch worked. All my HV could say was that she shouldn't be bunged up as breastfed baby. When it was really really bad we had to resort to giving lactolose for 2 days x

Oh the poor wee thing, Daisy has been suffering with it quite bad too, I had loads of advice from girls on here and the one thing that has really helped in pure pear juice, she has been having half a cup a day and she is back to being regular.

I have also changed her milk too, as it all started when we went to stage 3 follow on milk, she didn't like it too muc either, so after trying out all the different ones by buying cartons, we are now using Heinz Nurture and she loves it! i think that this is keeping her regular too, hope Tristan feels better soon xxx

I find loads of water in Ellies food helps esp in the first few weeks of solids. So i made like stewy things with loads of stock along with fruit purees, fruit juices and water and it got Ellie regular again!

I agree with the pear thing. I stole all of the advice from Andrea's thread and the pear thing worked best. (Well it was the only thing I tried :rofl: but it worked!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->