My poor husband.

babytobe

Reaction score
My poor husband. Anyone else feeling sorry for their spouse, now that you're pregnant?....

I am USELESS! And whenever I do hold it together for a period of time, I feel so much worse later, like I'm paying for not lying on the couch!

I feel sooooo crappy! So tired, so sore, so nauseous. This is terrible. Making it clear to my DH and myself that this is the last time we do this (baby #3). I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to get through the next however many weeks doing my physical job and trying to act normal around everyone. I should've just told our families over Thanksgiving. Oh well.

Not enjoying life too much at the moment. Just hoping I'll blink and this trimester feeling-gross part will be over!

And my poor DH. He is amazing. Cooking, cleaning, putting the kids to bed. I just hate feeling so useless and obviously hate feeling terrible.

Here's to trying to get through the first trimester. I will probably keep whining... it's what I do best these days. :roll:

:-(:-(:-(

Oh god yes! I feel so guilty for my husband. I have sickness 24/7 and generally feel rubbish. He’s in the military so is away a lot but as soon as he comes home, he does everything. He is starting to complain a bit now though !

Same here! I haven't had any nausea, but I'm so fatigued that some days I only get up to eat and pee. Occasionally, I'll get a burst of energy and do yard work, clean the house, run errands ... then I'm OUT for days!! Like, nearly pass out trying to walk to the kitchen kind of exhausted.

DH is also in the military and his current assignment has him working 3-4 days a week about 14 hours a day with an hour commute on each end, with high stress travel about twice a month. He picks up the slack around the house and has been incredibly understanding. I feel like all I do is apologize, but he just smiles sweetly and says, "Don't worry, I love you!"

I had a completely different idea of how pregnancy would be with me not going back to work. I imagined organizing, baking, maintaining a sparkling house, working out daily, dressing cute ... HA!

Same here! I haven't had any nausea, but I'm so fatigued that some days I only get up to eat and pee. Occasionally, I'll get a burst of energy and do yard work, clean the house, run errands ... then I'm OUT for days!! Like, nearly pass out trying to walk to the kitchen kind of exhausted.

DH is also in the military and his current assignment has him working 3-4 days a week about 14 hours a day with an hour commute on each end, with high stress travel about twice a month. He picks up the slack around the house and has been incredibly understanding. I feel like all I do is apologize, but he just smiles sweetly and says, "Don't worry, I love you!"

I had a completely different idea of how pregnancy would be with me not going back to work. I imagined organizing, baking, maintaining a sparkling house, working out daily, dressing cute ... HA!
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: I agree, pregnancy is very different from what I would have imagined it to be too! Hoping first trimester will go by very quickly so I can get back to my regular self!

Hate to break it to some of you lovely ladies but it only gets worse the further along you get (minus the nausea). Sometimes I even lack the energy to get up and pee, so I hold it :haha:.

Haha. I often tell my friends who have yet to have children that I would rather have a labor than a pregnancy. That's coming from a woman who had two, very bad labors. :haha: In my opinion though, labor is so much better than the months of torture prior. It's really the easy part in comparison.

Labor doesn't scare me, the many months ahead do. :haha:

Not me, mine will be away close to 2/3 of this pregnancy! Basically just here for the second trimester and the last couple weeks at the end!

So when he is here I will not feel a bit bad for making him do everything lol. I’m doing it all cooking, cleaning, putting kids to bed and bath time (which I hate). While exhausted ugh... I try not to think about it or I just get frustrated lol. Dh is in military so that’s why he’s away.

Haha. I often tell my friends who have yet to have children that I would rather have a labor than a pregnancy. That's coming from a woman who had two, very bad labors. :haha: In my opinion though, labor is so much better than the months of torture prior. It's really the easy part in comparison.

Labor doesn't scare me, the many months ahead do. :haha:
Yes!! This exactly =D>
I am on baby #3 and soooooo am not looking forward to the next several months.

Yes!! This exactly =D>
I am on baby #3 and soooooo am not looking forward to the next several months.

I am also on baby #3. :) I was a stay-at-home mom for the first two, but right now I am working and going to school. Plus keeping up with my 2 year old and 4 year old. It must have been a moment of pure insanity when I told my husband I wanted another. :haha:

I am also on baby #3. :) I was a stay-at-home mom for the first two, but right now I am working and going to school. Plus keeping up with my 2 year old and 4 year old. It must have been a moment of pure insanity when I told my husband I wanted another. :haha:
Total laps in judgment (totally kidding :))
This baby was a oops. So we have been getting used to the idea, while I was sick as a dog.. thankfully I have been half functional the last few days. I even mopped the floor today :haha:
You momma, are super woman. I am a SAHM with an extra a few days a week for a family member, and they drain me dry by the end of the day. Hubby is lucky if he gets to eat. :dohh:

Thanks for responding, ladies! I've been reading over your replies the last few days, and it's definitely making me feel like I'm not alone! And also I feel bad for the ones with husbands that are in thr military and away a lot. You guys are superwomen!
I am thankful that today I actually felt better than I have in general lately, and I even took the kids to the park AND made a yummy dinner! Today made me feel like I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am working tomorrow though so I'm sure I'll back to feeling just terrible by the end of the day! I will try to stay thankful that I know I'll come home to a lovely dinner made by my DH. All the best ladies....you're amazing!

I'm glad you have been feeling better lately :hugs:

Total laps in judgment (totally kidding :))
This baby was a oops. So we have been getting used to the idea, while I was sick as a dog.. thankfully I have been half functional the last few days. I even mopped the floor today :haha:
You momma, are super woman. I am a SAHM with an extra a few days a week for a family member, and they drain me dry by the end of the day. Hubby is lucky if he gets to eat. :dohh:

Haha. Pretty accurate!

I have never had an oops baby, but when my mother was pregnant with me, I was "the flu" until she was pregnant enough that there was no denying it :haha:

I am very lucky that my husband really enjoys cooking. He also works from home so it makes it easier.

I was the same way with baby #2. I'm just now starting to get energy again and not so much nausea. For about 10 weeks I couldn't do much I was so miserable!! I couldn't even be excited about being pregnant because it was so awful, I didn't experience this at all with my first so that mad it extra hard for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->