my prem baby has a cold :( help

kimbotrav

Reaction score
hi ladys i really dont know what to do i spose im panicking a little :dohh: my lil boy was 10 weeks early and now 2 weeks corrected and he has got a cough it seems as if he is struggling a little to clear the flem of his chest....do you think i should take him straight to the hospital or see how he goes any advice would be much appreciated :hugs: xx

How often is he coughing? Sometimes an occasional cough is normal. Is it a persistent cough? It is cold and flu season, and preemies are extra susceptible to RSV so I would probably take him in to be on the safe side, if it were me.

Better to take him in and have it be nothing than to not take him in and then it be something serious.

How often is he coughing? Sometimes an occasional cough is normal. Is it a persistent cough? It is cold and flu season, and preemies are extra susceptible to RSV so I would probably take him in to be on the safe side, if it were me.

Better to take him in and have it be nothing than to not take him in and then it be something serious.

thankyou :) thata what i thought im taking him up there now xxx

Yeah, my community nurse said just be more eager to go to the docs with cold symptoms than usual during winter in case of RSV. :) I'm dreading the first cold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->