My princess Mia has finally arrived!!!

A

AquaDementia

We are finally home and I just wanted to show her off.
I will update her birth story when I have a little bit of time.

Born April 24, 2008
6 lbs 11 oz, 48 cm long
Fashionably late!!

Here is Mia's birth story:

After a long and stressful wait to be induced I finally got the call on April 23, 2008 around 11:00 pm. I was watching my favourite TV show and those *******s interrupted the best part! :) I was scared SO much for this to be finally happening for real and reality hit so quickly! We came to the hospital around midnight and were taken to the birthing room which looked pretty comfy and the atmosphere sort of put me at ease.

What I was told a minute later, shattered my nerves though. Apparently there was an echogenic focus found on her anatomy scan, of which I was informed then and there???? What the hell? But the doctor kept saying not to worry because my genetic screening for Down's was rather low. Once I heard that my blood pressure exploded. I think it was 147/98, yikes!!

They checked me for the first time and said I was 2 cm dilated, which was exactly where I was at 2 days ago. I was 75% effaced at that time. They discussed what would be done with me and they decided to break my waters first. The resident who was on that night tried to do it 3 times with no luck whatsoever. She said: I think I made a hole, but I am not 100% sure, which didn't please my ears at all.

Fifteen mins later a senior OB came by and broke my waters with a single attempt. They decided they would just wait and see if contractions would show up naturally before they would start the pitocin IV drip...and holy crap, they sure did!

I started having contractions for good 2 hrs and they were really painful, so they checked me once again. 2 cm, no change at all.

I was in excrutiating pain though and I wussed out and asked for the epidural. I applaud anyone who goes without one. I couldn't do it.

The epidural procedure was so painless, but the aftermath was wonderful and I started to feel much better.

All of a sudden Mia's HR started to drop dangerously and they gave me oxygen to bring it back up, which worked within minutes.

After the epi kicked in they started me on the lowest dose of pitocin to start up the contractions. By this time I was there for 4-5 hrs.
I was hooked up to the monitor to measure their strength, and for the next 2 hrs the nurse was just shaking her head because I was getting weak contractions in long waves and she thought she would have to increase the dose even more.

Strangely enough, it started feeling as if the epidural wore off and I was once again in excrutiating pain.
I waited for another hour and then called complained about the pain. The anaesthetist said she can give another medication into the epidural, but she said...I'll give it to you, but we're gonna check you soon as well to see if there was any progress.

So, about 6:30 the doctor checked me again, and miraculously I was fully dilated!! They figured that was the reason why I was in so much pain after all. I was extremely surprised, and so was everyone else.

They said I would need to start pushing pretty soon and prepared everything for her arrival.

In the end, I pushed for about 5 minutes in total, but because she was sideways, the doctor had to use the forceps to get her out and I received an episiotomy as well. She finally came out with my maybe 4th or 5th push, perfect as an angel!

Stitching took less than 2 minutes and it was all done.

And let me tell you one thing, I felt absolutely NOTHING! Everything was wonderful, even though I was butchered down south.

Every second of the 9 months was more than worth it.

I still cannot believe I am a MOTHER, it sounds surreal.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and all the help throughout my pregnancy.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/violentxpacification/overdueeee020.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/violentxpacification/overdueeee023.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/violentxpacification/overdueeee029.jpg

P.S. My smile = ALL DRUGS!!

she is beautiful aqua congrats hun :hugs: x

cant wait to hear ur birthstory and i love the pic of her holding ur finger so sweet x

Aww Aqua she is beautiful. Well worth the wait. Congratulations again.

Aqua, she is sooo cute!! Congtratulations, can't wait to hear your birth story!! :pink:

Congratulations she is adorable :)
Your smile says it all, you look on top of the world
x

awww hun she's gorgeous!!! It's nice to finally meet her :) You look so incredibly happy. Congrats :D

she is beautiful and looks so much like you x

She looks just like you! Congratulations! Definitely worth the wait!!

awwww bless...

oddly you both look the same size :p tee hee hee!

Congrats again

Oh wow she looks like her mummy, shes perfect aqua, huge congrats xx

I want one too!

Congratulations, Aqua. I'm so happy for you guys. Mia is absolutely precious.

Aww, you look great for someone who's just had a baby!! I looked god awful the entire week I was in hospital!! lol Motherhood obviously suits you :)

Your princess is really gorgeous - just beautiful =)

Congrats! :hugs:

congrats she looks so much like you xxxx

aqua she is perfect! What a lovely weight too!!!

Congratulations, you look every bit the proud mummy!!

xxx

congrats she is beautiful xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"