My Quick & Unexpected Home Birth!!

Mummy~L

Mummy to 2
Reaction score
Hi All,

Thought I would let you all know my birth story. My gorgeous baby boy was born on Saturday 17th October at 9.10pm. We have called him Bobby.

I woke up on saturday morning with back ache. I put this down to sleeping awkwardly and just carried on. Me and OH nipped into town and got a few bits we needed but as I was suffering with my back we came home. Once we got home and I sat down I began to think that it may be the start of labour as my back ache seemed to be starting and stopping. I started timing the gaps and they were 4 mins apart.

At 5pm I called the hospital to let them know I thought I was in early labour. They advised me to stay at home as they were very busy and I didnt sound in pain but they decided to send a community midwife over to my house to see how I was progressing. The midwife phoned and said she would be with me in 30-40 mins.

In that time I decided to have a bath. I got out as the midwife arrived and the contractions started getting stronger, I was feeling LOTS of pressure in my bum!! :blush:

The midwife sat and had a cup of tea with us then decided to do an internal to check what was going on. I though she may have told me I was 1-2cm dialated but instead she said if you want to have this baby in hospital you need to leave now! :saywhat: We live 25 mins away from the hospital.

OH started putting things in the car but my contractions started coming really strong and the midwife said I was ready to push. So we got everything out the car, the midwife called for another midwife to come and brought in her bits . We went straight upstairs and I was ready to push. I was feeling very nervous and worried as I had really wanted to go to hospital!

After 40 minutes of pushing Bobby came into the world screaming at 9.10pm just 4 hours after labour started and with no pain relief!! The second midwife had only been here for about 15 mins!

Me and OH were left with baby Bobby after about 20 mins while the midwives went downstairs to complete all their paperwork and made us a cup of tea! I then got up had a bath got in my PJs and settled down for the evening. By 11pm the midwives were leaving and we were left with our gorgeous new son and feeling quite overwelmed with how quickly everything had happened!

I found the whole experience amazing and would really recommend a home birth to anyone.

Thanks for reading! xxx

Wow!! What a wonderful story!! Congratulations!

Thank-you so much for postin this story. I would really like a homebirth and we are planning that way.

Congratulation on the birth of Bobby, it actually sounds too good to be true.

x

Wow what an amazing story :)

Congratulations on your new son and great job!

Wow that's amazing!! Bobby is a gorgeous name too!

Congratulations xx

Wow, that must have been a real shock for you, but i have to say it sounds fantastic! :thumbup: Congratulations!

Oooooh Congratulations Chick!!

Haven't Been On Here For Ages So Didn't Know You'd Had Him!!

Hope You And Bobby Are Both Doin Great And OH Is Ok Too!!

:)

xx

Congratulations and what a wonderful birth experience. I have had 2 home births and there really is something so special about cuddling up in your own bed with LO and a cuppa :)
Congrats hun xx

Congratulations hun!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Didn't realize you had him at home!! Sounds perfect! :flower: Just need piccies now ;)

wow thats an amazing story. congrats hunny xxxx

awww what a lovely story, sounds like a nice evening in hehe!!
Congratulations!! :hugs: xxx
Welcome to the world baby bobby! :hugs: xxx

Wow such a nice story -congrats to you all. well done

That sounds like the perfect labour and delivery.

xx

That's wonderful, well done! Was this your first baby? x

Congratulations! Sounds absolutely perfect!

I really hope my homebirth goes that smoothly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->