my rant of the day...

myangel167

Reaction score
So, my husband and I are ntnp. Well, we are slightly Preventing. We either avoid sex/pull out/or wear condoms around the few days before we think I'm going to ovulate. (By the way, my husband is totally passive/agressive when it comes to having a baby. One day he will talk about it and all the things he will do when he is a dad etc, and the next he will say he isnt sure...or when we are having sex, he wont pull out when he knows its "risky" but then when its around that time for my period to start he starts getting nervous, OR, this one time, my period was late, and he was so anxious and scared but then when I got a bfn, he said, "aww man" lol. So i don''t know whats up with him...I'm guessing a lot of men are like that)

So...of course, i totally have baby fever and if we got pregnant I'd be super excited. He says he is on the fence. He'd be nervous but after it sunk in he'd be excited or whatever. We dont really plan on starting to ttc until maybe 2017. But we feel like, if it happens, it happens. He makes good money and we technically would be fine. The only hard part is that I still have 2 years left of school. (I got a late start on college)

this month we sort of "messed up" and I don't know how we couldve made the mistake, but we did, and we had sex the day before we thought I would ovulate. We didnt realize what we had done til I was randomly looking at my calendar 4 days later. I took the plan B pill then, but it may have been too late, since I already ovulated.

So, I'm not even supposed to start my period for 5 days but my doctor said it would detect a pregnancy by now through a blood test so she is giving me one today! I'm so anxious!

Ill update you guys when I find out.

Yeh I can totally agree about the men part! I think it's down to nerves after all having a child is a life changing event! I admit there have been times I've questioned myself thinking is it the right time for us? I think if you let nature take it's course..it will happen when it meant to happen 😊

By the way: I'm not too sure how effective the pull out method is anyway? Although I've seen people on hear talk about it a lot - I'd always question what about pre-cum?

Anyway I Hope you get the result you want :hugs:

Any news?
Men can be so frustrating sometimes! I wish they would just make up their minds and stick to it!

My dh is exactly the same. We also use condoms during "high risk" days and he always checks if it's safe, but says it wouldn't be a train smash if we fell pg. I'd LOVE another (most days) and he knows it so why bother with prevention? We're not getting any younger, our other two are growing so fast... I think he's hoping I accidentally fall pg so he doesn't have to think about it until it actually happens. And then not take any responsibility when people comment on us having a third! Men!!

It kinda sounds like your head knows now is not the best time to get pg but your heart wants it so bad! If I can add my (maybe unwanted) thoughts: Use proper protection (pull out method isn't enough) and don't cause an accident until you are both finished school. Your precious baby-in-waiting needs parents who are ready to provide for it! XX

So my blood test came back negative!

TO be honest, like ZubZub said, my heart wants this so bad but my head thinks I should wait. We financially could provide right now, but we would be in an even better position if we waited a year or so.

And one more thing, as much as I cant wait to be a mommie, I now have ANOTHER reason why Im thinking I should wait. We just found out that someone in my husbands family is pregnant, but its not really a happy thing. She is in a toxic relationship and she is going through a custody battle with her other child from her previous marriage. Not to mention she has a serious case of depression right now. Its rough for her, and she makes it worse because she tends to lash out at anyone who tries to help her. She has potential to be a wonderful mother, but she needs to take care of herself first. She is just really insecure and is trying to fill some void in her life I think. So anyway, I'm glad I'm not pregnant right now because all the family's focus will be on her right now. She needs our love/support.

Yeh I can totally agree about the men part! I think it's down to nerves after all having a child is a life changing event! I admit there have been times I've questioned myself thinking is it the right time for us? I think if you let nature take it's course..it will happen when it meant to happen 😊

By the way: I'm not too sure how effective the pull out method is anyway? Although I've seen people on hear talk about it a lot - I'd always question what about pre-cum?

Anyway I Hope you get the result you want :hugs:

If don't correctly, the pull out method only has a 2% more failure rate than the condom. We've used this for 2 and a half years and no slip ups :) I think it's taboo because it's not a method for developing teenage boys who have little experience. Pre-cum doesn't have sperm in - unless the man has previously ejaculated and not peed. When the guy pees, anything left over in the tubes are washed out. It's a common misconception :)

Sorry I have no advice for the OP but I hope you get the outcome you desire.

So even though my blood test was negative...I still havent started my period....? IF I dont start tmo I might take an at home test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->