My rare C-section Scar Ectopic ..

IsabellaJayne

Mum of beautiful girls! WTT Dec 2023
Reaction score
A long shot but anyone every experienced this kind of ectopic?

i had my first methotrexate shot on Monday (HCG 38,000)

had my day 4 bloods today HCG 60,000

got day 7 bloods on Monday where they expect to see a decrease of at least 15% (so around 48,000 or less)

I’m nervous as usually methotrexate is used in tubal ectopic and never over HCG levels of 5000! Worried it isn’t going to work!

has anyone else been through this?

I’m doing ok thank you @Shezza84uk , I go for my day 7 bloods today which should show the HCG decreasing if the methotrexate is working. I hope everything goes to plan. If not, it’ll be another injection I assume.

I plan on keeping this updated for anyone this may happen to in future and they can stumble across a familiar situation. As it’s so rare, I’ve struggled to find anyone in the same situation or read anyones stories. I’m hoping it could provide some comfort to someone in the future

Oh posted at the same time, I hope you don’t need a second injection and everything goes as smoothly as possible.

I’m doing ok thank you @Shezza84uk , I go for my day 7 bloods today which should show the HCG decreasing if the methotrexate is working. I hope everything goes to plan. If not, it’ll be another injection I assume.

I plan on keeping this updated for anyone this may happen to in future and they can stumble across a familiar situation. As it’s so rare, I’ve struggled to find anyone in the same situation or read anyones stories. I’m hoping it could provide some comfort to someone in the future

it’s so difficult when you can’t find similar scenarios, I’ve read about it online because it was a concern of mine. I hope today goes as expected for you, I can only imagine the conflicting emotions you are experiencing.

Thank you for asking, I’m a ball of anxiety but doing ok thank you, I’m just counting down the weeks and trying to get things at home in order so my kids won’t be so thrown by the many changes to come xx

So my levels have dropped to 47,000. No need for another injection. I just burst out crying because now I know my baby has definitely grown it’s wings. I’m so devastated that it’s little life couldn’t continue to save mine :(

I think the reality just hit that I’m pregnant with my baby that isn’t alive anymore.

thanks for all your well wishes. I’ll be glad when it’s over safely. Still on light duties whilst the levels are so high still.

So my levels have dropped to 47,000. No need for another injection. I just burst out crying because now I know my baby has definitely grown it’s wings. I’m so devastated that it’s little life couldn’t continue to save mine :(

I think the reality just hit that I’m pregnant with my baby that isn’t alive anymore.

thanks for all your well wishes. I’ll be glad when it’s over safely. Still on light duties whilst the levels are so high still.
I’m so sorry :hugs:

Thank you x

we have decided we want to try again despite this being a surprise. I’ve been advised to wait 12 months when HCG reaches 0 to TTC to give my uterus time to heal. Works out well as we get married in October 2023 so hopefully we will have the go ahead to try in December next year!

I’m sorry, thinking of you xx

Thank you x

we have decided we want to try again despite this being a surprise. I’ve been advised to wait 12 months when HCG reaches 0 to TTC to give my uterus time to heal. Works out well as we get married in October 2023 so hopefully we will have the go ahead to try in December next year!
Lovely that you have your wedding to look forward to and something for you to focus on while you wait the 12 months to heal.

So sorry, I hope you are ok :hug:
Hopefully the wedding planning will help make the time fly by until you can try again x

Big :hugs: :hug:. I am so glad they've decreased and you won't need a second shot at least. Small comfort that it is I'm sure.

Oh @IsabellaJayne reading this made me cry. It really is just so so cruel. All loss is cruel and I just wish none of us had to go through it. Sending you the biggest hugs love.
I could still be trying when you return to trying yourself but I’m hoping I would of had my rainbow by then or be very heavily pregnant with my rainbow.
Im sure you will go on to get your rainbow love. And if I’m still around on here when ure back I will for sure be rooting you on. I May of left by then tho as I’ll be 44 so if I’m still not pregnant by then I expect I would of left because it will be too painful to keep coming on here.
You will get your rainbow love I just know it.
Hopefully I will get mine too. [-o<

Thank you everyone. I’ve had miscarriages before but they’re out of your control aren’t they?! God yes they hurt but there’s nothing you can do to stop it happening. I’m struggling with this one as my baby was doing fine but ultimately my actions of accepting the injection ended it’s life. I know rationally that it had to happen, it was a live ectopic and extremely dangerous but it still doesn’t make me feel any less guilty. I’ve cried all day!

Thank you everyone. I’ve had miscarriages before but they’re out of your control aren’t they?! God yes they hurt but there’s nothing you can do to stop it happening. I’m struggling with this one as my baby was doing fine but ultimately my actions of accepting the injection ended it’s life. I know rationally that it had to happen, it was a live ectopic and extremely dangerous but it still doesn’t make me feel any less guilty. I’ve cried all day!
Oh it breaks my heart reading this. There was nothing you could do. You fought for your baby when you didn’t just go along with the surgery. That took guts. But you are grieving so be kind to yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->