My relactation journey (in progress)

mummy_smurf2b

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

i thought i would start a relactation journal as i thought it would be interesting. My baby is currently 7week old today and bottle formula fed. I planned to express from birth but it didnt go well for two reasons. One because id bought a manual pump and i wasnt getting on with it, it wasnt going in the bottle for some reason and because he has bad acid reflux i was very exhausted and quickly gave up which i now regret. anyway i saw a comment on facebook saying it was possible to relactate and get your supply back so i went googlin it and decided to give it a go so here i am.

My journey first started last sunday 19th april, i recieved my order for fenugreek which i read is good to help as it helps increase milk supply and my sister gave me her madela mini electric pump which is very basic but also very powerfull. i used it for 2days pumping every 4hours and then it broke down on me :-( just as i was starting to get milk aswell so i then had a few days with no pump. I ordered an ameda uno young pump and couldnt get it to work and couldnt figure why (first time with a proper electric pump) so i arranged for that to go back and as i packaged it up i then figured what the problem was, my daughter had dropped a part down side of couch. Anyway it was too late now as id arranged for it to be picked up next day so i ordered a avent single comfort pump so i am now using this. I will update this daily, i am using an app that does an alarm every 3hours so i dont forget. :)

Day 1 (23rd april)
Not feeling to good, my throat hurts every time i swallow so i havent taken any fenugreek today, after a day of pain i figured it was my tonsilitus returning after about 5year so took some penicillin and i did instanstly feel a little better. I didnt get to try my new pump until 2:30pm as i was tidying while my daughter was at nannas. By this time i had decided to pump every 3hours instead of every 4 but didnt get to pump again untill 7pm and then it was only for 12mins because baby woke up. I then pumped again at 10pm for 45mins then 1am for 25mins.

Day 2 (24th april)
Taken fenugreek 3 times (2 tablets each time)
pumped at 7:38am for 21mins
pumped at 12:22pm for 48mins and saw a little milk.
Pumped at 5pm for 47mins

Day 3 (25th april)
Increased my dosage of fenugreek to 3 Tablets. Today I also found out iv been using my pump wrong, well I'm almost certain I am as wen I was turning it on I'd go straight on to a strong suction. When you turn it on it auto turns on a fast suction but low vacume and on you tube people called this button the let down button so now I'm thinking I should be using that. On all the times iv put seen a little milk it wasn't dripping or flowing into the bottle just staying on end of my nipple so I'm gonna try leaving it on let down n see what happens. Given this I will not note today's pumps.

Good on you honey, keep pumping and pumping especially at night times I have hear 2 am is a good time to pump because your body produces more milk at that time or something...

Hope things go well for you, xxxx

And I hope others are about to give you more advice.

following i'v heard great things about fenugreek too fx it works x

Best of luck on your relactation journey! :D

No not to well at moment I bought a ameda lactaline and can't get on with it :( I got a New one coming today a lansinoh so see how that goes as also got bigger flanges on way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->