My scary day - UPDATE, good news 5w0d

I understand the need to test for reassurance but remember the hook effect will kick in soon and there will be too much hcg for the test and they will get lighter! I'd stop testing now you've beat the control line on a frer or seeing the hook effect will freak you out x

Your tests look good but like pp said ive stopped testing too because if I see a lighter one il freak out!
I see you got an early scan booked is that with the hospital or private?
I got my follow up scan on Thursday, safe to say im nervous! Xxx

I'm addicted to testing but if one looks lighter I freak, yours look so great I would stop now if you can :thumbup:

Thanks ladies, I hadn't even thought of that! Just assumed they'd get darker until about 10 weeks! I have to say it has become a bit of an addiction :blush:

My early scan is a private one...No way could I wait until 13 weeks, especially now. I'll be 7 weeks then and should see a heartbeat...More than worth the £89!

Robyn, good luck for Thursday, it'll be reassuring I bet :hugs:

Thankyou hun! I got my scan up the hosp Thursday then a private one on the 22nd lol I'm impatient xxx

That's a good price for a scan, I would definitely pay it :thumbup: I have my second scan tomorrow morning, not expecting good news and I'm terrified :wacko:

Just popping in to say good luck to everyone!

I also wanted to say that yes a cyst on your ovary is completely normal, as previously mentioned!

I seriously hate how secretive hospitals are about stuff!

With my last pregnancy, I had some spotting early on. The doctor sent me to the ER to get an ultrasound. The guy acted like it was a bomb code he was protecting. He wouldn't say anything! Then the front desk lady said the dr said to just go home. I was sobbing, and called the dr office convince they wouldn't tell me bc things were bad. The doctor office then was just like well the dr is busy they will call you when they figure things out!

My doctor was not happy when he found out how everyone had treated the situation and spoke to his receptionist about it!

I think it will be fine - if they genuinely suspected an ectopic, it is life threatening and they would scan you as soon as they were able, not monitor your levels. Plus, my understanding is that the pain with an ectopic is severe and sudden and doesn't stop.
I collapsed last week due to food poisoning and severe stomach upset - the hospital thought it was ectopic and scanned me and found it wasnt, that i was around 5 weeks pregnant and that I had ovulated from the left and that there was a cyst on my ovary from that.
Fingers crossed for you.
I also have a follow up scan this friday to see if there is progression as I don't know my LMP and wasnt TTC and I thought i was 6 weeks, the scan showed only a sac and yolk so they need to check it is not another MMC or Blighted Ovum

Good luck
xxx

Hey hun! I dunno why I didn't notice this pain sooner.

I've had pains on my left ovary since my BFP, and I had brown discharge at around the time my period was due. The pains go away and come back, but all is normal. Pregnancy is progressing as it should and the OB I've spoken to said it's normal. Even the brown discharge they didn't even worry about.

As for cysts on ovary...I had one in my previous pregnancy. It was seen in an early scan (5.3 or 5.4 wks) but never mentioned again as no one worried about it.

Your lines look nice and dark- but I wouldn't worry about lines anymore. You got the bfp and that's what matters! And as others said, your HCG will soon be too high to even be read by a test! My mom told me this when I wanted to test between 8-10 weeks in my previous pregnancy when I was a nervous wreck! I bled red back then at various times and was so so worried...but everything turned out to be fine thankfully!

Good luck hun! I'm sorry about what happened at the hospital...I dunno why ER seem so bad at handling pregnant women who come in for spotting/bleeding. I had a similar experience and never went to the ER again for my bleeds...just went to a walk in clinic that happened to have ultrasounds lol. But probably these aren't always available.

A cyst on the ovary you ovulated from is completely normal. It releases hormones until the pregnancy takes over for itself. Then, it can pop or dissolve. I had one during my last pregnancy, and was told all of this by my obgyn.

Ladies...you have been AMAZING! I'd have gone insane without your help and advice waiting all this time for answers.

Tonight I finally heard from the hospital (after much chasing). My hcg levels are normal and doubling really nicely. I'm also booked in for a scan on Monday to check the source of the cramping...By then I'll be 6 weeks...Maybe I'm being optimistic, but could I see a heartbeat, or at least a decent sac? :happydance:

I have a scan at 6 weeks 4 days. I asked some of my mama group friends and some have gone at 6 weeks 1 day and they where able to see the heartbeat. With DD my first scan was 7weeks 1 day (they thought I was 7 weeks 6 days but I knew I was not due to late ovulating). And at that one I easily saw the heart beat at 180 BPM.

I wish you the best of luck. Glad to see your HCG are doubling nicely.

great news :thumbup: Hard to say weather you will see a heartbeat but you should see a gestational sac and a yolk sac :thumbup:

Hi Hun... i think it's really 50/50 ... I went in at my 6 week appt with that mindset.. and I was bleeding that AM which I was terrifed to see what I had seen my last pregnancy. Or hear the workds missed misscarriage... but it was niether of thos words that I heard. I heard the Dr. say... do you see that... I was like no... he's like that's your baby... and that flickering is it's heartbeat! .... yeah that was the momment of tears for hubby and I.

Just remember it maybe to early... or perfect timing to see. As long as you tell yourself not to freak out all will be okay. Keep Calm and Carry on ;)

Yay that's brilliant news :happydance:

I had my second scan today, I'm 7 weeks 2 days and we saw the heartbeat, I had an abdominal scan but apparently at 6 weeks there is a chance you can see it with an internal scan so it's quite possible you might see it :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->