My sisters keeper- Spoliers included

Aidan's Mummy

Mummy to Aidan and Oliver
Reaction score
Just been watching a film called my sisters keeper. And I cried so much at the end. I am such an idiot when it comes to sad film I always cry lol. It just makes me sad that her story actually happens in real life. And they die from cancer at such a young age. I found the part when the mum sort of accepted the fact her daughter wanted to die upsetting to, so heart wrenching.

Anyone seen it? Did you cry? How did it make you feek etc?
x

my friends mensioned this film on their status and said it was so sad i love a nice sad film altho i couldnt go to bed straight after watching something sad i have to cheer myself up first with something nice :D

i cried, my dh got me it for xmas, when her bf died i seriously didnt expect it, so so sad!!!

I haven't watched the movie but I read the book a few years back and it had me in tears for days!

I've only read the book ( it was so sad) but I heard that they changed the ending in the film so I've not wanted to see it; anyone know if this is true?

I've only read the book ( it was so sad) but I heard that they changed the ending in the film so I've not wanted to see it; anyone know if this is true?

Yup it's true and the film ending is a bit pants in comparison... the book is amazing and made me cry when I first read it.. I would recommend it to anyone...

What is the book ending??
xx

The healthy sister dies in a car crash & the sister that's ill (can't remember any of the character names!!!) gets her organs & survives. I thought that was the point to the story, if the ill sister dies that seems pointless! Might watch it anyway though, I'm too nosey.

I cried more or less all the way through it xx

I would still cry. I am not sure like that ending. I felt the ending in the film was the girl saying she had had enough and her family coming to terms with that
xx

It must be the most heartbreaking thing for any mother to ever have to go through.

I agree I kept on thinking of Aidan. And I wanted to wake him up and kiss him and tell him I loved him

Didn't though because he would see it as a green light to stay up late :D
xx

Probably cause I read the book first I like that ending better. If I'd seen the film first I might think differently!

I liked the book ending though, it was kind of ironic, she didn't want to be a donor for her sister, then she dies anyway & the choice is taken away from her. Think I might watch the film though, i'd like to see how they changed it.

Although I have to say why do they bother changing what is in books when they make them into films? You'd think the author wouldn't be too pleased.

but if its a based on a true story...which ended was the real ending??

I didn't know it was based on a true story, wonder what really happened!

Was it a true story. Oh how sad :( The more realistic ending seems the film and the car accident etc seem to dramatic. Liek it makes a good read if you know what i mean
xx

I sobbed my heart out at the end of this film ... I'd really recommend the book as well ... I read it in a day, I just couldn't put it down

I cried my eyes out at this film, them poor little girls. Did not like Cameron Diaz in this film at all!!! Know she was only trying to do the best for her daughter that was ill, but she didn't seem to care about the other one at all!! x

Was it a true story. Oh how sad :( The more realistic ending seems the film and the car accident etc seem to dramatic. Liek it makes a good read if you know what i mean
xx

Yeah, think you're prob right, the car crash is much more dramatic. Could still happen though!!!
Mind you, all of Jodie Picoult's books have a twist at the end, she could have changed the true story about a bit to fit in with her usual style!!!:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->