My sister's threatened miscarriage... :(

theamanda

NTNP
Reaction score
Ok a bit of background on her. She is a sweet, and smart young girl. She is 19 and has 2 children already, the youngest being only 7 months old. She did not graduate high school, so her and her husband are struggling to stay afloat as it is... Well she recently announced that she is pregnant again. Everyone was giving her hell for being pregnant again so soon, and so young, even her mom. She wasn't trying, it just happened. So she set up an appointment for this coming up Monday, but started bleeding the day before yesterday. She went to the ER and they just told her to schedule an appt. With her obgyn to monitor her and draw blood for 3 days in a row. And on day 3 they'd do an ultrasound. (which they ended up not seeing anything in there, but it is early)

Now I stress that I'm not putting her down when I say this. She has one of those personalities that is very naive. She has the mentality of a 16 year old girl. That is just how I would lightly describe her personality.
She even layed out in the sun with baby oil on, knowing she is pregnant. And then the next day is when she started bleeding...
The doctors told her that her HCG was low and if it doesn't go up she will miscarry. She stresses that if she loses her baby, she doesn't know if she will be able to go on. And that is very understandable. No one should have to go through a miscarriage. I couldnt imagine or even relate to her... :(

She texted me an updated me today, saying the thing about the HCG, (because she didn't quite understand what he meant. She even referred to HCG as "thingy"... but all I could do is say "yeah, if your HCG doesn't go up, that means miscarriage. HCG is the hormone that aids in fetal growth. I will pray for you and your little one."

I just wish I could've told her that everything will certainly be okay, but I'm not the kind of person to fill you with false hope. Truth is, you never know, it may start to go up, but it may end badly. I don't know, I'm no doctor... But I love my sister dearly and I dont want to see her go through this. She has a very fragile soul, and this will break her.... :(

Thanks for reading... I think I will just pray for her and try to be there for her... That's all I can do to help... :(

Does she live near you? Miscarrying is horrible. And being in the limbo stage is like a nightmare. The best thing you could do right now is take her out for coffee or ice cream and chat and gossip until she knows either way what she is facing. And then if she is miscarrying she will need a strong shoulder and all the time she needs to talk, scream and rant. She will get through it but it will be horrible - I'm not going to lie to you :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->