My slightly traumatic birth story....in full detail - sorry !!

mumof1+1

Mommato#4beauties
Reaction score
:hi: Finally got a few minutes to myself before i go sleep ready for next feed :cloud9:

Well, many of you out there will already know, i had my baby on Sunday morning. Here's the tale...

After many false starts and 3 sweeps, the threat of a fourth and being induced i finally managed to go into labour...YAY i hear you all cry, well - me too :haha:

I posted to say that i was going to my nephew's 18th as many of you will know, and I stated i didnt feel too good, had cramps and back pain. Well, i foolishly dismissed all this!! Came home from the party, sent FOB off home, told him to turn his phone off, have a drink and get some sleep, knowing if anything happened he would be getting up at 5am anyway...so he reluctantly did as he was told. I had some supper and took myself off to bed at 10.15pm.

I was laid in bed doing a puzzle at 10.45pm when when i felt what seemed to be being flicked from the inside, quite low down and it took me by surprise. Automatically i put my hand to my tummy to check for movement, which i felt so i pottered to the loo. Here i couldnt decide if i had pee'd or if it was my waters so i went into the room for my notes and phones just incase, there was a waterproof sheet on the pc chair - this got wet too!! So i went to the loo rang labour suite and text my neighbour Mark. Mark came down while i was talking to the midwife.

Due to the nature of how my waters had gone we werent sure if it was them so I was advised to lay wearing a sanitary pad for an hour, this was at 11pm, to walk after an hour and then ring to describe what was on the pad. This i tried. I wasn't having contractions at this point, they started at about 11.15pm. At 11.30 i desperately needed the loo - mother nature was doing her bit, i had to go. At midnight i rung midwife back and told her the tale and she said she would ring the oncall midwife and she would ring me back. This she did. Midwife would be here at 1am approx and was collecting entonox on route.

At 12.45 I was getting urges to push and midwife had siad if this happened to ring an ambulance and they would assist until MW arrived. So mark rung an ambulance. They arrived about 10mins before the MW. Midwife checked me at 2am and i was 6cm dilated - i was soo shocked but admittedly - because my waters had already broken the contractions were much stronger than they normally would be, i was in agony!!! MW suspected at the rate I was going baby would be here about 3am ish but upon another check at 3am i hadn't progressed so MW said she would check again soon and we would take it from there. At almost 5am i was 9cm dilated - wow my baby would be here soon :happydance:

FOB arrived about 5.30. I was struggling. I was being told to push but nothing was happening. I went and sat on the loo and MW told me to put my fingers in and feel the head, and when a contraction hit and i pushed i had to tell her how much the head moved by. After a few of these it dawned on me.... this head wasnt actually moving down. I told MW baby was stuck. She disagreed but i knew it was. I was exhausted, i'd had no sleep, and i was in agony. I had almost drained a 2nd canister of entonox!

At 6.15ish MW decided to ring delivery suite for advise. I had to be transferred :cry: i wasnt going to get my homebirth, but i had gotten 98% of the way and for me at that point my priority was my baby's safety.

Arrived at the hospital at somewhere between 6.30 and 7am, cant really remember precisely. I was strapped the HB monitor and a MW flew out the room and came back with a DR who introduced himself and then said he was just going to check me. I had my feet put onto those stirrup things and told to push. I did. Nothing happened. Then he told me he was going to try with the ventouse. Three attempts and it popped off baby's head, he tried again but this time ended up having to cut me :cry:

At 7.30am my baby finally shot out and was placed on me. It was all bloody. It was in a towel so i tried to wipe a small part of its head clean and kissed it. I felt an almighty rush...of love. Then it was taken. I noticed the hands and feet were blue, and the face looked it too, but there had been some noise when they passed it to me....i think. It all hapened so fast i didnt even know really.

Mw's knew that if FOB ws there it was down to him to tell me the sex. Since baby had been taken away I had no idea. FOB appeared by my side - crying - initially i thought something was wrong...

"Its a boy" he said, through the tears. I flung my arms around him and shed my own tear...of joy.

Eventually our son was brought to us. I had been put on a drip coz aparently assisted births are more liable to excessive blood loss or something and i deemed it important that dad saw his son so i told MW to give him to dad. He was so choked. I never thought he'd react like that. It was such an emotional time.

At 8.15am he was finally weighed, 8lb 1oz.

So, in the end i didnt get my homebirth but i dont care. Turned out he was back to back. Although i had no evidence of that throughout the labour - no back pain or nothing :wacko: and he was stuck. Coz he was getting stressed, each time i had a contraction his HB reached levels of 212bpm and upon pushing dropped to 90 but he didnt recover well, hence the emergency ventouse. Thats why my boy was blue. We could have lost him, but he was meant to be :happydance:

My boy :cloud9: I love him so much its unreal. But we have a small problem. And i thought since you stalkers... i mean lovely ladies followed my thread so well, maybe you'd like to try help me resolve the problem.
I have attached a couple of pics but will add more when transfer themm off my phone. But our beautiful boy needs a nice name. Not a common one, but a nice one. His middle name will be Robin.
Would any of you like to help us with our choice of name?

Theres my story and there's my question.

Much love to each and everyone of you who followed my progress throughout the last 10 days or so. You are all wonderful

:hugs:

xxx

Attachments

• DSCF3282.jpg
    DSCF3282.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCF3275.jpg
    DSCF3275.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 247
  • DSCF3278.jpg
    DSCF3278.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 260
  • DSCF3286.jpg
    DSCF3286.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 166
congrats! hes beautiful! he looks like a baby with a d name! so maybe darren, dawson, damien, devon, david, dante, dallos, dario, dalton, deacon, dillan, dextor, dominic

Lovely birth story and what a beautiful baby boy!! Congratulations hunn! :)

Aww he is totally gorgeous xx ahh u had a bit I'd a traumattic time but I'm glad it all went well he is lush xxx

When i saw the pic i straight away thought Michael?
Congrats hun! Sorry you didnt get your home birth but you got an amazing, healthy little man in the end still.
Hope youre all well! xxx

awww honey he is gorgeous! Sitting here blubbing :cry: you really did have it tough :hugs: But now you have a beautiful bubba boy :D Huge congratulations to you all. You done so well hun :)

Ooooh names!! I think little man looks like a Joshua :) xxx

Awwwww...... Your loyal stalker is here!!!!! :rofl:
Huge congrats to you hun, he is super gorgeous :D and you did really well :hugs::happydance:

As for a name..... I have no idea! I'm useless with boys names, my personal favourite is Ethan, but I've only ever had to do girls names!!

Well done again hun, looking forward to finding out his name. Gonna miss stalking you for your birth story now :cry: I'll have to find some other poor woman to stalk :rofl:

Sarah
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

congrats on your little boy! Although you didn't get your homebirth, your boy is here safe and sound and that's what is important. Well done!

Thank you everybody. He is a happy little lad and me and my girl are well happy with him. She so loves her lil bro to bits.Thank you for your name suggestions, we will be looking into any sent our way :) although some of them are family/friends kids names too, like Michael is my nephew, Eathen and Joshua are friends babies names... Its a tough world when it comes to naming our children these days!!!

G_C - My loyal OSL. What a lovely lovely woman you are - i was almost in tears when i saw your reply to my labour thread :) only thing that stopped me was the fact that i had company :haha:

You can still stalk me huni, i'll be stalking you when its your turn :rofl:

Not long now and you'll have your own bundle :)

Love to you all

:hugs:

xxx

well done hun you did great you should be so proud of yourself and what a beautiful little boy.

i love the name Joel i thinks its gorgous name this is my next baby name but i will let you have it hun if you like it xxxx

congratulations xxxxxx

So sorry you didn't get your home birth, but I'm glad that you finally have your son in your arms. He's beautiful. You look so much better after labour than I did! lol

Congrats!! He's beautiful!!! I think he looks like an Alexander :)
Alexander Robin :)

Thank you ladies for all your lovely comments. JayeD - the pic does me justice - i was completely knackered and hadmahoosive bags under my eyes but the pic doesnt show them clearly!!!

I'm not bothered i missed out on the homebirth, i'm just glad my son is here and safely. I have so much love for him its unreal and my big girl is so in love with him too. Im so proud of my kids :)

Its all still a little surreal at the moment, but the constant droning sting in my lady bits keeps reminding me it's real - well - til little man wakes anyway :rofl:

Speaking of which - back soon :haha:

xxx

Congratulations, what a story. You did so well. I'm sure the name you choose will be delightful xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->