My son is really unhappy in school, help. *Small update*

Where abouts in Yorkshire are you? Is there a Steiner school nr you? I hope you can diet something out for tour little boy. It must be heart break g for you x

Thanks everyone.

Well I saw the head and his learning support mentor on Tuesday night. They have put together a circle of friends group for Kayden which is a group of similar pupils for Kayden to play with and get to know and help build his social skills.
They meant to do this three times before which they didn't and I made sure I made them aware I was not happy it wasn't set up before. They have set it up now though so hopefully he will have a group of friend he will enjoy spending breaks with.

They also seemed to think that it is not a case of bullying but more a case of Kayden trying to befriend the wrong kind of boys and when they knock him back due to his very sensitive nature he might feel a bit picked on.
I did speak to Kayden about this and he said he supposed it could be the case so the circle of friends should hopefully eradicate this problem and keep him away from the rougher types.

They seemed to think that Kayden hasn't been reporting acts of violence toward him to them and they showed me the accident report sheets, there were a couple of incidents that weren't bad ones so I have told Kayden he must report everything to the staff or nothing can be done.

He was back at school on Wednesday so we are going to see how he gets on. He also has joined another group on a Wednesday and Thursday dinner time so that is a bit less time in the playground.

I am so pleased to hear things are improving! We have used circle of friends a few times in our school and it seems to work so I really hope it does for your son! Please keep us updated, have been thinking about you!!! x

aww bless him, i really do feel for you they did sod all about bullying in my school and seemed to favour the girl that actually made up lies etc what i would say is if they don't do anything now write everything down and send it to your MP they are fab and have to do something.

I would keep a close eye on the school. I don't trust the schools. I have been lied to so many times, and honestly, they are just CYA. I would go to the school during recess and watch. I have done that many times. Advocate...keep doing what you are doing. Don't let them get away with anything.

Thanks ladies, he seems happier now they have done the friend circle. I am keeping a close watch on him to look out for signs that he is not happy, I know schools help can slide so will defo keep check on it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->