My son is refusing his food can anyone give me advice?

ProudMum

Reaction score
My little boy is 15 months old and has always had a healthy appetite.
The problem is he does not settle without his bottles and still clings to them for comfort.
Its got to a point now where all he will eat is milk, he doesn't want to know any other food.
Currently he is under the care of a paediatrician for his behaviour as he headbutts things and puts his fingers down his throat for attention. This issue is not as big as it once was, but now it seems he has moved onto doing something else to get a reaction from me- and thats blatantly refusing to eat his meals.
I try everything and anything to get him to eat- we've had spaghetti and sausages with chopped ham (bit of added flavour) but nope, he doesnt wanna know.. sausgaes with mash,veg and gravy, again, he turns his head away.
Earlier I tried Mash potatoe with chicken and veg soup on top (he loves Bigger soup and mash), he ate a few mouth fulls and that was it- so as a "treat" and because anything is better than nothing, I resorted to sweet rice pudding with baby organic choc biscuits crumbled up on top and again, he had a few mouthfuls and that was that!
He can see its upsetting me by refusing to eat and my family seem to think he may be playing on it a little. I wont deny that yes he is spoilt, but I love spoiling him. Admittedly it's caused a few attention problems but it seems that when we overcome the main attention seeking problems, others arise.

Health visitor claims all children go thru this phase. One even said its because he's still drinking his milk, but as I explained to her, if he's not eating solid food, ATLEAST with the bottle he's getting SOMETHING.

Paediatrician told me of a story that concerned a girl who at 1 years old had a thing for eating chocolate, her mother ignored it and let her get what she wanted- then he saw this girl again at 5years old, totally over weight and living only on chocolate. He said it was one of the worst cases he had to try and overcome with a parent as she had left it too long before seeking proper advice.

Can you girls recommened ANYTHING to me at all?
I've tried "Special meals", to make him think he's getting a treat/something new, so that he'll eat it but he does not seem interested at all.
Tell me its just a phase, please? :(

i cant suggest anything but didnt want to read and run hope you get it sorted quickly and he starts eating again :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->