My son says I am having twins!

Magoo.2006

Reaction score
So when we announced we were expecting to my son (3.5 y/o), we asked him if he tought we would have a boy or a girl. Without any hesitation, he said "A boy AND a girl mommy, there is two babies in your tummy!".

Never once have we talked about twins with him. I don't even know where he knows the concept from. My o/h and I are worried he might be right!

Most of you would know the needle trick to find out how many kids you will have and what gender will they be. My o/h and I both had it done and our results were the same (7 kids!!! I don't think so!!!). There was a boy first (our son), a set of twins, boy and girl, another set of twins, two boys and then a girl and a boy I think. I am not convinced I believe in this... seven kids...right! But I have to admit that the coincidence between the result of this trick for my husband and I and what my son says are making me wonder!

I will be getting a scan at arount 12 weeks (I am at 10 now), I just have to confirme the date. I am so anxious to go find out!!!

What's the needle trick about how many kids you'll have. I know the one about gender.
Funny cuz my DD said the same thing when we announced to her about the baby.

What's the needle trick about how many kids you'll have. I know the one about gender.
Funny cuz my DD said the same thing when we announced to her about the baby.

THe needle trick is a bit like the one just to know the sex of the baby.

You balance a needle on a tread and rub it on the side of your hand. You then hold the tread and needle suspended above your palm and watch what it does. (circles = girl, line = boy). After the first result, it stays still for a couple seconds and then starts moving again...if more children there are.

Here would be my result.

1- a line (a boy) a short pause
2- a line followed by a circle (without stopping) (a boy and a girl) a short pause
3- a line, very quick pause and another line) (two boys) a short pause
4- a circle (a girl) a short pause
5- a line (a boy) no more movements.

Try it...

My DD said something similar to me because she said that I have to have a girl for us and a boy for dad!! But I have def only got one in there!! She was also just over 3.5 when she said that.... BUT you never know......!!

Oooo spookey! Young kids are meant to be psychic after all.

My little brother when he was at nursery turned to the teacher who was holding a wrapped gift for another teacher and told them that a sparrowhawk was a lovely gift to give!

He was right it was a statue of a sparrow hawk....not that I know what the hell one is but he did.

My other brother when he was about 4 was chatting away in the loo and when we asked who he was talking too replied the Arch Angel Gabrielle.:shrug:

Who knows if they have heard something and it gets sooked in or if there is more behind it all.

Am interested to fidn out if you are having twins now!

Emma.xx

7 different people have now said they think I'm having twins. One of which didn't even know I was pregnant. Mad! X

I hate to tell you this, but my kids did the same thing, and they were right.

Well, I do think my son may be right. I am certainly bigger now at 10 weeks than I was at the same time when I was pregnant with him. I saw a picture yesterday of a baby bump at 17 weeks and I am not far from that already.

My GP did not comment on the size of my belly at all when I had my first appointment. She said I will see at my first scan at 12 weeks or so.

Thanks for your replies. I will certainly come back and let you all know how many are in there after my first scan!

That needle test thing didnt work for me though! There's another thread on here about it somewhere and everyone on there said it was right for them. It had my first two sons right, then it said girl, well we mc last pregnancy so we don't know if it was a girl or not, then it said girl again but this baby is a boy (according to my private gender scan will confirm at 20 week scan Jan 7th) and girl again so will have to wait and see if there is a baby girl in our future haha. But it would seem it was wrong about this baby!! xxxxx

I don't really believe in the needle trick. 7 kids right!!! It is just weird that my o/h had the same results.

What makes me think I may have twins is what my son has said... he insists on it too. I believe him much more than the needle trick.

Dont worry about it! My son 'looked' inside my tummy with his binoculars and said I can see the baby its made of oranges!! lol

Dont worry about it! My son 'looked' inside my tummy with his binoculars and said I can see the baby its made of oranges!! lol

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL sounds like a very yummy scrummy bubby :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->