My special birthday present!

candyfloss

Reaction score
My daughter!

My little girl is here! Arrived on dec 16th, my birthday!
Short version -
Waters broke at 01:20, contractions at about 2am, got stronger and closer then would spread out again.
Got up St 7am with my son, contractions all but vanished! Spoke to L&D, gave me options of waiting at home or going in at 6pm, I had to explain our situation (my mum had to come over an hrs drive yo look after W meaning my dad who is I'll with cancer and in pain alone) so I wanted things to move faster if poss!

Went in at 9:30, contractions started up again. Examined and given sweep at 10:30, 3cm monitored as babies heart rate kept dropping (150 down to 120/110).

Monitored til 2:10 when I started feeling pressure, just using gas and air, not allowed in pool due to heart rate. Only 4cm! As all waters had gone babys head was stopping cervix from dilating - acting like a plug! They said they'd reexamine me in 2-3 hrs but contractions were constant so I asked for half dose of diamorphine.

That relaxed cervix as went from 4cm at 2:10 to 10cm in an hr, 14 mins of pushing and she was out!

Active labour 1hr 24mins! Not bad for a back to back labour where bsby never turned! Little grazes and a tear but I asked for no stitches and feels fine. Bf really well but got her days and nights muddled!

She weighs 7lbs 5oz and is perfect! Called Thea Hollie :)

My signs that day were nesting and backache and BH during the eve and had walked for about 2hrs that morning!

So glad she's here, great birthday present!

Thank u! Not quite competing with carolines weight lol! Xxx

Congatulations was this labour better then your first?

Was just totally different. Felt more in control during and actually looked forward to pushing as knew baby nearly here whereas first time I panicked and didn't push properly as was worried about it hurting. Both labours were back to back tho.

Feel better afterwards this time too. Had stitches before but refused them this time and don't feel sore at all.

All worth it in the end :) xxx

Thank you xxx
I'm dreading this labour as my sons was 21 hours and I was have strong contractions from the start. Everything went wrong and ended up in theatre but ended up pushing him out with help.

Hope this one is different

Enjoy your little one xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"