my story of BFP

bcage

Reaction score
i've been hovering + posting on this forum since i started ttcing nine months ago. i always liked it when women returned and shared how they finally got their BFP. thought i'd share mine too.

so, nine months ttc. we had a chemical in the second cycle, then nothing.

when AF arrived last month, i had a total breakdown. it was ikea induced, and continued for two days. i was so sick of pretending like it wasn't unfair. because it was. and i lost it.

after a consult with the ttc forum ladies, i decided last month we would ntnp. and as fate would have it, this was the month we got our first bfp.

i'm 4 weeks 2 days now, so it's early days. but it's sticking, so fingers crossed.

after nine months of trying so hard, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me that it worked this month. the night before we conceived we both got exceptionally drunk. i took no opks so was only guessing when i was o-ing. i was super stressed from my ttc/ikea breakdown. i wasn't temping. i wasn't using preseed. the cbfm was sitting in the cupboard.

when i took my first hpt last week, i didn't check it for a few hours, because i was so used to them being negative i forgot about it, and assumed it would be negative too. even after i saw the bfp, i assumed it wasn't real because i'd left it so long. the next morning, was when i realised it was finally true.

i didn't ever believe, and still don't, that there's one right bit of advice for everyone. and my bfp story doesn't offer any particular insight into what we could have possibly done 'right' this month - seeing as we did a lot of things 'wrong' by previous standards. but perhaps there's something in that too...

:cloud9:

aww thats fab sweet H+H 9 months xxx

Massive Congratulations hun... Wishing you a happy, healthy 9 mths. You so deserve this Bcage.

Stickie :baby:'s to both of us xx

thanks ladies :) still hard to believe it might finally be our turn!

neateye you're same as me; double dose of stickie:baby: to us!!

Congrats! I too received a BFP the month we decided to NTNP. I was temping, but only so I would know what to expect the next cycle. Congratulations again, hun. :thumbup: :happydance:

yippppe just did another test to check and the line is getting darker + darker. still staring at in disbelief ;)

congrats too Srrme -> maybe there's something to be said for ntnp?!

and thought i'd add too, after nine months of symptom spotting like a crazy woman, i actually have very little symptoms. i definitely had more when i wasn't preg. so further proof that symptom spotting = trouble! though we all know this... :)

Congratulations, we were ttc for 20 months and this time we relaxed loads, didn't think about it much, just BD'd when we fancied it and guess what? we got our bfp, i couldn't believe it and have done about 8 tests since xxx

wow brilliant news berniep! congrats!!! 20 months is such a long time, much h+h for your nine months :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->